Extending wifi through out the house issues

carnagelan

Hi Guys

My client has a mikrotik cap lite router which was installed when vox installed the fiber.

I have used 3 tenda ac1200 devices to extend his network as its a large house. I have been using these ac8 for a while and have never had this issue.

The speed will just drop and loose internet connection completely. I cannot login to the mikrotik router as they struggling to get there fiber username and pass from vox.

This is happening to all 3 devices using as a extender and not ap.
I then ran a temp cable from the mikrotik to one of the ac1200 which gave me 90mbs Another hour later it dropped to 20mbs.

Could this be an issue with the mikrotik
I want to use the ac1200 as the router but we cannot get the fiber username and pass.

None is working correctly when connected via extender.

NorthPole

Not able to login to the Vox website using the cellphone number, you can get the OTP that way?

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic

Make sure DHCP is turned off on all 3 APs and make sure you give them all different IP's.

Also make sure none of the AP's are plugged into the WAN ports, they should all be in the LAN ports.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Hi

How do you compare it to the Airties mesh system that Vox sells?

carnagelan

Hi

How do you compare it to the Airties mesh system that Vox sells?
I am not sure as i have never used the mesh system but there basic cap routers are low range. I prefer the tenda and the wifi signal on the tenda are really great