Extent of Eskom problem 'hidden from public'

bin3

Problem 'hidden from public'

The only good thing about the new round of rolling blackouts is that it has made the public aware of the extent of the Eskom calamity, says the Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

http://www.fin24.com/Companies/Industrial/Extent-of-Eskom-problem-hidden-from-public-20140306

He said independent power producers, who can sell electricity to an independently run national grid, are needed.

The legislation to make this possible has already been prepared and approved in principle by all parties in Parliament but it keeps vanishing.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Seriously? Are they assuming that the public are idiots? I think most of them are quite well aware of the extent of the problem.

It's quite easily summed up in one acronym... ANC.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Seriously? Are they assuming that the public are idiots? I think most of them are quite well aware of the extent of the problem.

MKFrost

Expert Member
The Eskom power cuts are disastrous for the economy, economist Dawie Roodt told Fin24.
What does Dawie Roodt know... the honorable minister then just said there is no economic impact.... imperialist....:whistling:

Sonic2k

Executive Member

Are you not used to it by now? This government thinks EVERYONE has an IQ of -10

zippy

Executive Member
I thought Eskom have been warning of blackouts for ages. I recall talk of blackouts 6 years ago when I left SA.