Eye Tracking Company

jezzad

Expert Member
Im looking for a company who can do eye tracking on website or in store for UX imrovements and measuring where shoppers actual see.

Yes I know there are going to be plenty snarky comments but please help me.........

Good luck convincing anyone to allow you to access their camera, just to visit a website.
Oh no this would involve someone sitting down at a desk, having a pair of glasses or similar put on them and then measuring where they look.

Its not via the camera on their computer.

Seems like something the cnuts at ersbio would be looking in to

Oh no this would involve someone sitting down at a desk, having a pair of glasses or similar put on them and then measuring where they look.

Its not via the camera on their computer.

Again, good luck.

Just use the device cam without asking for permissions on your website....we can't teach you everything.

Snarky comments aside. I have seen this being used in UX evaluations. Pretty insightful

Not snarky at all. This can be a huge privacy violation and getting user’s consent will be tough.

But go ahead and do this with the OP. Let us know how it goes. See if these “snarky” comments bear any truth.

Not snarky at all. This can be a huge privacy violation and getting user’s consent will be tough.

But go ahead and do this with the OP. Let us know how it goes. See if these “snarky” comments bear any truth.
Not if you are part of a focus group who signed up for it, which I assume is the case here.
Traditionally researchers create a questionnaire and ask you to tell them how you scan an isle or page. But people are stupid so the answers don’t necessarily match what we actually do.
Eye tracking tells the truth.
These insights are then used for product placement.

He laid out that users would be part of a focus group…

Not if you are part of a focus group who signed up for it, which I assume is the case here.
Traditionally researchers create a questionnaire and ask you to tell them how you scan an isle or page. But people are stupid so the answers don’t necessarily match what we actually do.
Eye tracking tells the truth.
These insights are then used for product placement.
He laid out that users would be part of a focus group…
Exactly this.
For example, when building a typical CRUD data entry form, where do you put the label in relation to the data entry field.

Most devs put the labels left aligned to the left of the field. Eye tracking has shown that when a user opens the form, he scans it top to bottom to familiarise himself with the information he needs to enter or assimilate. To get context.
There was a big difference in effort required to scan top to bottom when labels were on the left of the field vs when the label was just above the field:

Label Field
Label Field

Vs

Label
Field

Label
Field

In the former layout, the user’s eye continually scans left, right while going top to bottom, whereas in the latter layout, the user’s eye just scans top to bottom. Much less effort and also quicker with lower cognitive load.

Also, where you put the Ok button in relation to Cancel.

It is actually pretty fascinating stuff and I have used this knowledge to build my many of my UIs.
Disclaimer: I did not do eye tracking research myself, just did some research

This one of the very worthwhile articles to read

Back