• McLaren – Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris
  • Force India – Sergio Perez and TBC*
  • Toro Rosso – Daniil Kvyat and Alexander Albon
  • Sauber – Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi
  • Williams – George Russell and Robert Kubica

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I'm secretly hoping - REALLY REALLY HOPING - that McLaren can contend for the championship next year. Imagine Norris getting a start like Hamilton to his F1 career.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
I think that counter is out, the Oz race has been moved to a week earlier, it was when they said it’s 110 days to the next race weekend on the Sky commentary that I thought to start the new thread.
Have to wait for ical download as usual

Dave

Honorary Master
The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya has confirmed the dates that Formula 1's pre-season testing will be held in 2019. Both tests will be held in February, after which teams will have just over two weeks to make final tweaks before the campaign begins at the Australian Grand Prix.

As has become tradition, teams will have eight days of testing at the home of the Spanish Grand Prix – the first running from February 18-21 before action resumes from February 26 – March 1.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3027/f1-2019-pre-season-test-dates-confirmed/

Dave

Honorary Master
Stroll gets to play with daddy’s new toys soon.

Stroll to drive for Force India in end-of-season Abu Dhabi test

A new face will be behind the wheel of Force India’s 2018 challenger when Pirelli tyre testing gets underway at Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina next week in the shape of Lance Stroll.

When the Canadian’s billionaire father Lawrence Stroll led a consortium to rescue Force India, it was naturally assumed his son would come onboard after two years at Williams.

The team have yet to confirm whether Stroll will indeed partner Sergio Perez next season, but they have announced he will drive in the two-day test.

As it stands, Perez will drive during the morning session on Tuesday, before handing the car over to Stroll in the afternoon. Stroll will then complete a full day of running on Wednesday.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...on-abu-dhabi-test.234OGAAdrOsmyKaKg0o2yO.html

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
I'm actually curious to see what the boy has. He's shown glimpses of talent during his time at Williams, so if he can get into a half decent car, he might actually get a chance to justify his place.