F1 2019 season discussion and chat.

Inevitability

Expert Member
You have to look beyond the front three and see the logic. The cars behind them wanted the tow, as did they. They are all responsible. Those three were the three to be suckered into being at the front. Those Ferraris could very easily have passed them but didn:t want to be the ones providing the tow, as did everyone else.
This was very clearly a collective effort to undermine anyone elses opportunity for a fast lap.
Hamilton is right. The issue lies with the format of qualifying at certain tracks. Other tracks require free air while this one requires the opposite.
I agree. I really like the idea that was mentioned by someone here (can't find the post to quote) : that the pitlane exit closes 2 mins before the flag drops.

Inevitability

Expert Member
Remember that one race in the USA some years ago (Indianapolis) where there 6 cars on the grid and it was considered one of the most embarrassing days in F1? At least those guys had the excuse that it was safety at the heart of the issue... cars were popping tyres around the banking.
I personally think the whole fiasco yesterday was as embarrassing. And the whole lot of them are to blame.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Remember that one race in the USA some years ago (Indianapolis) where there 6 cars on the grid and it was considered one of the most embarrassing days in F1? At least those guys had the excuse that it was safety at the heart of the issue... cars were popping tyres around the banking.
I personally think the whole fiasco yesterday was as embarrassing. And the whole lot of them are to blame.
2005. Schumacher/Ferrari stayed out because winner.

Naks

Expert Member
Can you indicate what happened? I missed qualifying, so just need to understand what exactly went on?
they were all backing up, waiting for someone else to go first so that they could get a tow.

in the end, they were going so slowly that only Sainz & LeClerc crossed the line before the chequered flag.

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
they were all backing up, waiting for someone else to go first so that they could get a tow.

in the end, they were going so slowly that only Sainz & LeClerc crossed the line before the chequered flag.
Damn thats a total mess up then. Surely that should be looked at by the stewards or under investigation?

jones123

2005. Schumacher/Ferrari stayed out because winner.
No !
they and other teams on the grid raced because they were on Bridgestone tyres. While the Michelin runners did not race because of safety concerns.

phiber

Expert Member
I miss the days of two tyre manufacturers, made the whole season a bit less predictable depending on what was brought to each track by the manufacturer

Dave

Honorary Master
Those Ferraris could very easily have passed them but didn:t
How? Watch the video again, if you’ve got 2 cars abreast it’s a pretty full track and if one of them tried to force past and then collided they would be nailed on for a penalty for causing a collision. I’m not usually a defender of Ferrari but they weren’t in control of the speed and couldn’t get to the front safely for most of the track from the chicane to the parabolica.

Naks

Expert Member
Yeah yeah... that. Sure.
Indeed.

And as usual, Ferrari had insider information about the recently resurfaced track from its Firestone subsidiary, from the Indycar race after the resurfacing had been done.

Anyway, back in those days FIA was not know as Ferrari International Assistance for nothing...

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
How? Watch the video again, if you’ve got 2 cars abreast it’s a pretty full track and if one of them tried to force past and then collided they would be nailed on for a penalty for causing a collision. I’m not usually a defender of Ferrari but they weren’t in control of the speed and couldn’t get to the front safely for most of the track from the chicane to the parabolica.
Dave defending Ferrari.. It's gonna rain today

At Monza lol

Inevitability

Expert Member
Sorry for dragging the topic to that dark day in F1 :facepalm:
Rain is gonna be fantastic today. We get to see what Leclerc can do in the wet, Max is gonna be tearing through the field, and we just might get the Vettel vs Hamilton fight everyone thought this season was gonna be all about.