F1 2019 season discussion and chat.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Peroni's F3 crash - I can't find an official report on what caused this.

I know it was caused by the sausage kerb, and presume that lift was enough to break the downforce - but I'm surprised as to how quickly it went into orbit.

Would an F1 car react similarly ?

This all in a few frames of video -

View attachment 710265
The same thing that caused this

Fresh air! :whistling:

Inevitability

Expert Member
nice to see LeClerc win, but he was very very naughty, plus he makes errors under pressure (not just today, and he even made a comment about it himself in the post-race interview).
It's clear to see that he's super fast, and has every chance of being a world champion in the future if he has a car to enable him to fight a whole season. I'd love to see that day.
BUT, that being said...
If there's anyone thinking he's on the same level as Hamilton now in 2019 ... you're dreaming.
He still has much to learn, and I really do hope he learns, and learns fast.
I would love to see more of what we saw today.
I would love to see Ferrari on equal terms with Merc throughout next season.
I don't wanna see Hamilton cruise to a 7th title like he's cruising to his 6th.
Oh, and add Max into the mix in a worthy Brown Cow... it's gonna be completely electric!
...oh, wait ... that's another racing formula altogether :facepalm:

Daruk

Honorary Master
nice to see LeClerc win, but he was very very naughty, plus he makes errors under pressure (not just today, and he even made a comment about it himself in the post-race interview).
It's clear to see that he's super fast, and has every chance of being a world champion in the future if he has a car to enable him to fight a whole season. I'd love to see that day.
BUT, that being said...
If there's anyone thinking he's on the same level as Hamilton now in 2019 ... you're dreaming.
He still has much to learn, and I really do hope he learns, and learns fast.
I would love to see more of what we saw today.
I would love to see Ferrari on equal terms with Merc throughout next season.
I don't wanna see Hamilton cruise to a 7th title like he's cruising to his 6th.
Oh, and add Max into the mix in a worthy Brown Cow... it's gonna be completely electric!
...oh, wait ... that's another racing formula altogether :facepalm:
He has youth on his side - sure he needs more experience but he has more to gain from taking chances too so I'd say he'd be an interesting match for Hamilton in the same hardware.

Fox1

Expert Member
Verstappen is the closest to Hamilton levels on the grid. After a race he is back in the simulator like Ronaldo hits the gym after a game. No time Instagram nonsense.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Vettel one major incident from F1 ban after 'dangerous' Monza move

Sebastian Vettel has been handed three Formula 1 licence penalty points for his "dangerous" Italian Grand Prix incident with Lance Stroll, leaving him one serious incident from a ban.
Vettel spun at the Ascari chicane early in Ferrari's home race at Monza, then rejoined as the chasing pack was filtering through the fast right-hand middle part of the corner.
He was fortunate to avoid heavy contact but he did collide with seventh-placed Stroll and sent the Racing Point into a spin.
More At: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/145863/dangerous-vettel-one-major-incident-from-ban

Please do it again, please

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Agreed, let Mick have a normal career path, not rush his because of his surname. Otherwise he’ll be here for a year and gone

HumanShield

Young Schumacher hasn’t quite shown the same class and aptitude as either of them yet.
Exactly this. One win in F2 doesn't put him close to Leclerc's or Verstappen's level when they were in F2. It's a bit harsh to say but he got that win in F2 because of the reverse grid. He finished 8th in the feature race which meant that he starts on pole. And it was Hungary where there's really only one overtaking place for the speeds the F2 cars reach which is into T1 with DRS. He manged the pace and the gap from there to take the win.
Don't get me wrong here. I'd really love to see the Schumacher name back in F1 and it will be box office. But putting him too soon into F1 could go the way of the many young drivers in the Red Bull program

phiber

Expert Member
Off to Singapore next, they have been setting up the track for the last few weeks, lights went up some point last week! Must say, last year was a snooze fest. Was hoping for rain, hope its a bit different this year... Maybe Max can get among the Mercedes. I don't see Ferrari being fast here, but we can always hope all 3 teams are fast!

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The greatest love story of 2019 comes to an end.

Haas F1 Team Statement on Rich Energy
Haas F1 Team and Rich Energy have amicably agreed to end their partnership together in the FIA Formula One World Championship with immediate effect. While enjoying substantial brand recognition and significant exposure through its title partnership of Haas F1 Team in 2019, a corporate restructuring process at Rich Energy will see the need for a revised global strategy. Subsequently, Haas F1 Team and Rich Energy concluded a termination of the existing partnership was the best way forward for both parties. Haas F1 Team would like to express its thanks and best wishes to the stakeholders at Rich Energy.