F1 2019 season discussion and chat.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
What is with this indy cars, right front wheel guy throw wheel gun away and then when the car goes away, they give it a push
It looks like amateur hour in the pit compared to F1. In F1 a three second pit is considered bad/below par/Williams.

Here in Indy 500 you've got cars crashing into each other, into their crew, over their crew and the crew hitting each other with the stop/go sign...

Very American.

Last edited:

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
It looks like amateur hour in the pit compared to F1. In F1 a three second pit is considered bad/below par/Williams.

Here in Indy 500 you've got cars crashing into each other, into their crew, over their crew and the crew hittiueach other with the stop/go sign...

Very American.
That sounds more exciting

caroper

Executive Member
There is a reason why American comedy is better than most British comedy after all.
You mean like this:
Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl said:
Typical Hollywood crowd - all the kids are on drugs, and all the adults are on roller skates.​
American Beer is a lot like making love in a canoe - it's ****ing close to water.​

Here in Indy 500 you've got cars crashing into each other, into their crew, over their crew and the crew hitting each other with the stop/go sign...

Very American.
Sounds like Ferrari should be in Indy .

caroper

Executive Member
72 boring laps and an edge of the seat last lap all down to the aero - Indy cars can get a tow, in clean air, no need for DRS.
I am glad I stuck it out but that is probably down to having commercial free coverage with continuous commentary on the SKY F1 stream. And the fact that a Frenchman won, with a few F1 drivers in the mix helped.

greg0205

Honorary Master
72 boring laps and an edge of the seat last lap all down to the aero - Indy cars can get a tow, in clean air, no need for DRS.
I am glad I stuck it out but that is probably down to having commercial free coverage with continuous commentary on the SKY F1 stream.
Yeah. Brilliant fifteen lap sprint race after the red flag.

Basically 60km at 350km/h with 0.2 seconds between them over the bricks.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Considering the amount of personnel involved, an Indy stop is still fast.

F1 pit crew: 20 men
Indy pit crew: 11 men, with only 6 being allowed over the wall and actually working on the car. One person per tyre (F1 has 3). Throw in re-fueling as well. And they can still do that in 10 seconds..

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Rather useless turning left all day long. And it’s so pro America at the start it makes my heart bleed red white and blue. I rather watch kids go round a go-kart track
The old ''only turn left''.

Texas Speedway. Average lap speed is 220 mp/h +. You don't actually lift if you get a clean run.

This is intense. 4-wide at 350 km/h+. Way more intense than an F1 car on rails IMO.