F1 2020 season discussion and chat.

Fox1

Executive Member
Interesting that Zak Brown and Otmar Szafnauer are mudslinging in the media but McLaren aren't pushing forward with a legal challenge. Since Renault don't have McLaren's support on the legal issue but supply them with engines I forsee some interesting gamesmanship between Renault and McLaren going forward like we had with Renault and Red Bull.

Naks

Executive Member

"After Nico Hulkenberg revealed talks with ‘two teams’ about 2021, the identity of those teams is now clear.

“The short answer is yes,” said the German driver when asked if he has talked with Frederic Vasseur, a friend and former boss from his junior series days and now in charge of the Alfa Romeo team.

In turn, Vasseur also confirmed some talks but said he still needs to consult with the team’s shareholders “and to find out what Kimi (Raikkonen) wants to do”.

However, he also said thinking about drivers is “too early” for Alpha Romeo right now – and that is also the story at Hulkenberg’s other potential 2021 team.

“The driver question is secondary at the moment,” said Gunther Steiner, boss of the Haas team.

“First of all, let’s take care of the Concorde Agreement – we have more important things to do,” he added.

But when asked specifically about Hulkenberg, Steiner responded: “I have talked to him a couple of times and we get along personally. ..."

Fox1

Executive Member
Everytime I look at the Haas car it reminds me of a F2 car. Both chassis are made by the same company I believe.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
What a mental F2 race!
It was great to watch. Does anyone know how F2 car liveries work? It looks like the 2 Premas have different paint jobs and commentators refer to teammates who seem to be driving different coloured cars. Do drivers bring personal sponsors to car liveries?

Naks

Executive Member

" ... But if Vettel cannot improve his performances, and is dropped midway through the season, reports reveal two interesting names to replace him at Scuderia.

The two drivers that could step up for a surprise drive at Ferrari are touted to be Nico Hulkenberg and Kimi Raikkonen. A report by Autobild states (translated by Google), “Not only Vettel’s future is the subject to speculation, but also his Ferrari present.

“In the paddock, two names are traded behind closed doors. Blitz comebacker Nico Hulkenberg and Alfa Romeo veteran Kimi Raikkonen. (They) are to step in if the German gives up prematurely – or has problems with the car in the next race.” ..."

thestaggy

Honorary Master
It was great to watch. Does anyone know how F2 car liveries work? It looks like the 2 Premas have different paint jobs and commentators refer to teammates who seem to be driving different coloured cars. Do drivers bring personal sponsors to car liveries?
Yes.

The Prema's for example, have the same base colour scheme of red and white which are the team's colours. Then they each carry their own personal sponsor(s). Shwartman has bits of blue on his car in deference to his nationality (red, white, blue - Russian flag).

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master

" ... But if Vettel cannot improve his performances, and is dropped midway through the season, reports reveal two interesting names to replace him at Scuderia.

The two drivers that could step up for a surprise drive at Ferrari are touted to be Nico Hulkenberg and Kimi Raikkonen. A report by Autobild states (translated by Google), “Not only Vettel’s future is the subject to speculation, but also his Ferrari present.

“In the paddock, two names are traded behind closed doors. Blitz comebacker Nico Hulkenberg and Alfa Romeo veteran Kimi Raikkonen. (They) are to step in if the German gives up prematurely – or has problems with the car in the next race.” ..."
I suppose anything is possible but Binotto has categorically confirmed Vettel will see out the season. Wouldn't mind seeing the Hulk in that second Ferrari...

Naks

Executive Member

"... Transfer bomb burst - Vettel should sign the contract with Aston Martin in two weeks at the Grand Prix in Belgium.

The tug-of-war that began at the (late) start of the season in Spielberg has come to an end. As the "Krone" found out, Sebastian Vettel, who has to leave Scuderia Ferrari at the end of the season, will sign a multi-year contract with Aston Martin, which will be taken over by the current Racing Point team from next season. In just two weeks at the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa, the four-time ex-world champion should say “yes”.

Official confirmation is still pending, but Italian media even want to know essential contract details. The "Gazzetta dello Sport" suspects, for example, that Vettel will collect 15 million dollars per season.

Is Stroll putting son in front of the door?
It is completely open, however, whether billionaire Lawrence Stroll, one of the team owners, will bring Sergio Perez or even his son Lance to the door. From Perez circles it can be heard that his sponsors want to fight for the cockpit with a lot of money. The statement from the Stroll-Filius to Channel 4 was extremely surprising: “If he separates me from the team, then okay. That would be a business decision, and that's how it works every now and then. I would certainly take it with composure. "..."