F1 2020 season discussion and chat.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Really feel for Alex... 2 in 2
I was so looking forward to watching him hassle Bottas on those softs!

Anyway, with only a week before the next race, you'd think there isn't much time to sort out any major issues so we can expect a lot of the same. Ferrari will definitely be the happiest. To come away from a race you weren't expecting to perform in with a second place is gold. If they can sneak another decent result (coupled with some Merc ill-fortune) next weekend, they could be in a very decent position going into Hungary when their raft of upgrades are supposed to take effect. Should be good to watch.

powermzii

Expert Member
I was so looking forward to watching him hassle Bottas on those softs!

Anyway, with only a week before the next race, you'd think there isn't much time to sort out any major issues so we can expect a lot of the same. Ferrari will definitely be the happiest. To come away from a race you weren't expecting to perform in with a second place is gold. If they can sneak another decent result (coupled with some Merc ill-fortune) next weekend, they could be in a very decent position going into Hungary when their raft of upgrades are supposed to take effect. Should be good to watch.
Yeah I the interview he says he was already focus on chasing down Bottas so it would've been tight

Do the teams and drivers then change their driving style to stay off the curbs next week?

sox63

Executive Member
A fact I didn't think I would be able state for at least another year:

Mclaren has been on the podium in 2 of the last 3 races BOOM :D

Awesome race!

Fox1

Expert Member
The young drivers in F1 are so far ahead of the young drivers in Schumachers day. They kept us going through the shutdown with the Esports series and they totally deserved to be on the podium today. Albon would have taken the win. The Red Bull is the fastest car in race trim in Austrua which strangely enough is a power track.

Fox1

Expert Member
Did we get a definite answer from the Mercedes boss if they will be staying in F1 as a works team at least?

Good race! Was getting boring and then the wheels fell off, literally in kimi's case...

Strollol out, latifi last and Hamilton penalised, Charles P2, couldn't have hoped for more.

Albon would have taken the win. The Red Bull is the fastest car in race trim
Lol, just no...

The mercs are miles ahead, bottas pulled 7s in like 5 laps over Alex at the start.

powermzii

Expert Member
Good race! Was getting boring and then the wheels fell off, literally in kimi's case...

Strollol out, latifi last and Hamilton penalised, Charles P2, couldn't have hoped for more.

Lol, just no...

The mercs are miles ahead, bottas pulled 7s in like 5 laps over Alex at the start.
I think Alex could have caught up and challenged Bottas from that restart - the Mercs were racing within themselves because of the (potential) mechanical issues

Fox1

Expert Member

Lol, just no...

The Mercs were overheating, had gearbox issues and were on the hard tires which were 1 sec slower than the softs towards the end of the race.

Hephaestus

Forging
“Very Difficult to Drive, Very Poor”: Sebastian Vettel Hits Out at Ferrari Through His Post Race Radio Message

What a cracker of a start we witnessed to the 2020 season! The race was won by Valtteri Bottas who was on pole. The other two podium finishers were Charles Leclerc, in second place, and Lando Norris, who won his first-ever podium finish in F1. Surely not many would have expected these results from the latter two. However, it was a bittersweet race for Ferrari. Definitely, the Tifosi would have been ecstatic to see Leclerc finish second, but a 10th place finish for Sebastian Vettel would have neutralized the joy.

However, despite his own poor performance, the German claimed that the SF1000 should also take a huge part of the blame.