F1 2021: New season discussion and chat

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Fairly strange tactic for the championship leader to just drive straight into a wall.

At least LeDonkey is there to keep things interesting

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Yea as soon as they see a drop off they should pit LeClerc, otherwise they’re going to throw it away in typical Ferrari style.

caroper

Executive Member
If the Ferrari Team and Pit crew ever learn to support rather then hinder their drivers they could actually become a serious threat again.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Ignore Lewis/Max for the moment.

If driver A is found responsible for causing driver B to DNF, and driver A goes on to win - does a 10 second penalty really seem enough against a 25-0 point shift ?

I think the issue as they mentioned earlier is you can’t change the penalty based on the repercussions. Change it to Aston/Williams. The same incident shouldn’t be penalized any more or less for a lesser team (points change). Arguably 3 point for Williams is worth more than a win for Mercedes.

The penalty is based on the infringement, not the repercussions thereof.

I feel for Max, as I’m sure Hamilton does too. The drivers aren’t out there to take each other out.

Dups!

Expert Member
I think the issue as they mentioned earlier is you can’t change the penalty based on the repercussions. Change it to Aston/Williams. The same incident shouldn’t be penalized any more or less for a lesser team (points change). Arguably 3 point for Williams is worth more than a win for Mercedes.

The penalty is based on the infringement, not the repercussions thereof.

I feel for Max, as I’m sure Hamilton does too. The drivers aren’t out there to take each other out.
I bet Naks sees it differently :ROFL:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Cannot wait for Croft to blow his mind at the end of the race after this incredible drive from Hamilton