F1 2021: New season discussion and chat

Yats

I think if anyone here fees that Lewis somehow “engineered” this and crashed intentionally to get Max out and give him a win is giving Lewis a bit too much credit! I also think that Max’s attitude to driving also did contribute to this. He does take a corner when racing someone and expects the other driver to give him the space like he did at turn 1 at Imola and Spain this year and needed Lewis to back off. I think he was not expecting Lewis to still be there and though he would have backed off as Lewis has done before

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Interesting how Lewis is saying Verstappen is "too aggressive" - his words not mine
He does though. Or at least, he races him really hard (TM). The commentators agree he does sometimes go a bit too aggressive. I'm all for it because it gives us great racing and is what I expect from a future champion. The caveat is that racing that hard will eventually end badly for one or both of the parties involved. Usually it's Lewis who is worse off. Today it was Max.

Executive Member
He did in the post-race Sky interview... as @UrBaN963 above said - in the past Lewis has come out worse - today it was Max. Hard racing

I think Hamilton was very lucky to also not be crashing at high speed there.

If I heard correctly, I think they said this wheel rim was cracked after the contact?

PseuDohNom

That first lap battle was the most intense minute of F1 I've watched in a long time. Reminded me of Rosberg.

powermzii

Expert Member
I think Hamilton was very lucky to also not be crashing at high speed there.

If I heard correctly, I think they said this wheel rim was cracked after the contact?
Yeah rim cracked...could definitely have been much worse for him as well

Interesting how the exact corner played out with Charles

Archer

Honorary Master
He did in the post-race Sky interview... as @UrBaN963 above said - in the past Lewis has come out worse - today it was Max. Hard racing
I've got to laugh, hard racing but had it been Max up the inside it would be Crashstappen all the way.
Wish people could take the blinkers off their favourites, everyone makes a mistake once in a while. Ham was desperate as ****, made contact numerous times and finished it with a reckless move and seriously endangered another driver. Listen to Ver's radio after the crash, it was a brutal.

Why we have to keep the charade of "my favourite driver is perfect" going on an anonymous forum is beyond me.

Executive Member
Yeah rim cracked...could definitely have been much worse for him as well

Interesting how the exact corner played out with Charles

It's a bit damning to Hamilton when you compare them. Comparing him on the apex with Charles vs Vestappen shows the awkward position of Hamilton's car when against Verstappen.

I still stand by my take that Hamilton thought the was ahead and wanted to squeeze Verstappen off the track around the corner, the only problem is that he was behind Max and it ended poorly.

Executive Member
I've got to laugh, hard racing but had it been Max up the inside it would be Crashstappen all the way.
Wish people could take the blinkers off their favourites, everyone makes a mistake once in a while. Ham was desperate as ****, made contact numerous times and finished it with a reckless move and seriously endangered another driver. Listen to Ver's radio after the crash, it was a brutal.

Why we have to keep the charade of "my favourite driver is perfect" going on an anonymous forum is beyond me.

Sounds like he's been cut in half.

I hope he's ok, it's worrying that there is no news.