F1 2021: New season discussion and chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Good to see Max out

Yeah, it was becoming super boring with one guy out front. He had it coming though, he's been super aggressive for a long time. Someone was due to challenge him on that and that day has finally come, hopefully this will teach him to be a bit less of a ****.

Craig_

Honorary Master
LMFAO!!!

Toto is that guy: "hey, did you get my email?"

That was hilarious.
That's my point: an experienced driver like LH knows that he won't make the corner, yet he didn't back off.

Even Brundle commented that LH had decided that he was not going let MV beat him again.

Hence why I said it was deliberate: he knew he wouldn't make the corner and he didn't avoid the collision.

LH had always been the one between them to avoid the collision, he had much less to lose by acting like Max usually does. max should've been aware of this and backed off. MV's car is much faster, he could've backed off and kept the fight going.

Last edited:

Archer

Honorary Master
Yeah, it was becoming super boring with one guy out front. He had it coming though, he's been super aggressive for a long time. Someone was due to challenge him on that and that day has finally come, hopefully this will teach him to be a bit less of a ****.
Max has zero penalty points for 2020 and 2021 combined. Ham is awarded 2 penalty points for causing a collision, with his textbook let me bump your back tyre move. Max is still the 'aggressive' driver.
Seems legit

You guys crack me up

Craig_

Honorary Master
Poor old LeClerc’s donkey was fed a dodgy curry last night :p

I don't like LeCrash, but I have to admit he drove brilliantly yesterday with that red donkey.

Max has zero penalty points for 2020 and 2021 combined. Ham is awarded 2 penalty points for causing a collision, with his textbook let me bump your back tyre move. Max is still the 'aggressive' driver.
Seems legit

You guys crack me up

Just watch more than two or so races and it's clear his very agressive, always elbowing others out. He mostly gets his way as the others almost always seems to chicken out. Not this time though. I'll also put this at 50/50 blame as they were both very aggressive yesterday.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Bottas proved once again that he doesn’t really deserve that drive anymore…

Its a shame, he’s a decent guy.

Agreed. Nice guy; deserves a seat just not in that car.

Agree, with Max out, Lewis a 10 second penalty and Perez way out, starting from the pits it should've been Bottas' race.
Instead 2 poor starts and mixing it with Norris.

Bottas did exactly what we can expect from him. Be there or there about. Too fast to lose the podium, too slow to win the race.

I actually like Bottas, every now and then you can see he can be a good driver. He just doesn't perform when he needs to. He has been more on form than LH a few times now, so he should've been winning races. As much as I like him I'm also now starting to think GR should get his seat.

Archer

Honorary Master
I don't like LeCrash, but I have to admit he drove brilliantly yesterday with that red donkey.

Just watch more than two or so races and it's clear his very agressive, always elbowing others out. He mostly gets his way as the others almost always seems to chicken out. Not this time though. I'll also put this at 50/50 blame as they were both very aggressive yesterday.
Pffft, go watch Hamilton 2011 I think it was, then come back to me and let me know who the aggressive driver is. Ham fans have been treated with a dominant Merc for the past 5+ years and Ham barely needed to lift a finger to win most races, he had no reason to be aggressive because he knew the car had oodles of pure pace. Now that he actually needs to work for it the old tricks are coming out.
But nah I think you are right - even though the FIA has declared the Ham is prodominantly at fault, you are correct, it was actually his aggressive opponent that is to blame.

Comedy gold, at least I have a nice laugh to start off my day. My thanks to you

Naks

Executive Member
If the accident had happened between Latifi and Mazzipin there wouldn't be any fuss. It's racing, let them crash.

If Mazespin had caused that crash, he'd probably had earned a one-race ban and everyone in the paddock calling for a season-long ban!

Craig_

Honorary Master
I think if anyone here fees that Lewis somehow “engineered” this and crashed intentionally to get Max out and give him a win is giving Lewis a bit too much credit! I also think that Max’s attitude to driving also did contribute to this. He does take a corner when racing someone and expects the other driver to give him the space like he did at turn 1 at Imola and Spain this year and needed Lewis to back off. I think he was not expecting Lewis to still be there and though he would have backed off as Lewis has done before

Glad he’s ok, but he needs to tone down the sour grapes.

Yip, he is a bit sour. He would've celebrated just as hard had the shoe been on the other foot. And LH asked after the incident if Max was fine, what more should he have done, it was an incident between two drivers both giving their all and neither wanting to give in. Something had to give.

Pffft, go watch Hamilton 2011 I think it was, then come back to me and let me know who the aggressive driver is. Ham fans have been treated with a dominant Merc for the past 5+ years and Ham barely needed to lift a finger to win most races, he had no reason to be aggressive because he knew the car had oodles of pure pace. Now that he actually needs to work for it the old tricks are coming out.
But nah I think you are right - even though the FIA has declared the Ham is prodominantly at fault, you are correct, it was actually his aggressive opponent that is to blame.

Comedy gold, at least I have a nice laugh to start off my day. My thanks to you

Read Yats's post here, exactly what I was saying. And maybe you're right that Lewis hadn't needed to be aggressive up to now, but I've been swearing at him during most of the last few races because hadn't been aggressive enough, he finally stepped up. And there's not much wrong with being aggressive, Max is a brilliant driver, I'll admit that. But sometimes you'll see your arse as he did now. And if they both keep on doing this next time it might be Lewis that ends up in a barrier, then I'll call that a racing incident as well. And I said 50/50, I didn't put all the blame on MV. Your hate for one driver is blinding you.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
If the accident had happened between Latifi and Mazzipin there wouldn't be any fuss. It's racing, let them crash.
But that's just the thing. Russell caused someone else to spin on Saturday & took a 3-place penalty. This was a stupid dive on the inside with no clear advantage into the corner, taking out another racer and causing him to crash at 51G. 10 second penalty.
Hell, even Checo who caused Norris & Le Clerc to go off track got 2 5-second penalties and that was also said to be racing.

Hamilton...don't like the guy. Nor do I support Max or either team, but that was a k@k move to make and if Le Clerc hadn't moved like he did he'd also be out. Hamilton is clearly desperate.

EzD

But that's just the thing. Russell caused someone else to spin on Saturday & took a 3-place penalty. This was a stupid dive on the inside with no clear advantage into the corner, taking out another racer and causing him to crash at 51G. 10 second penalty.
Hell, even Checo who caused Norris & Le Clerc to go off track got 2 5-second penalties and that was also said to be racing.

Hamilton...don't like the guy. Nor do I support Max or either team, but that was a k@k move to make and if Le Clerc hadn't moved like he did he'd also be out. Hamilton is clearly desperate.
Can you think about anything better than winning at your home race with 155 000 people cheering you on?

Lets be real here. Hamilton will never admit to doing it intentionally.

MAFIA did their best yesterday. Need to favour the Mercs.

Archer

Honorary Master
Yip, he is a bit sour. He would've celebrated just as hard had the shoe been on the other foot. And LH asked after the incident if Max was fine, what more should he have done, it was an incident between two drivers both giving their all and neither wanting to give in. Something had to give.

Read Yats's post here, exactly what I was saying. And maybe you're right that Lewis hadn't needed to be aggressive up to now, but I've been swearing at him during most of the last few races because hadn't been aggressive enough, he finally stepped up. And there's not much wrong with being aggressive, Max is a brilliant driver, I'll admit that. But sometimes you'll see your arse as he did now. And if they both keep on doing this next time it might be Lewis that ends up in a barrier, then I'll call that a racing incident as well. And I said 50/50, I didn't put all the blame on MV. Your hate for one driver is blinding you.
So when the FIA decides it is mostly Ham's fault, it is my hate that is blinding me? Heh??

Speedster

Honorary Master

Now you're trolling. Even the stewards said it was their blue-eyed boy's fault.

Craig_

Honorary Master
So when the FIA decides it is mostly Ham's fault, it is my hate that is blinding me? Heh??

The FIA also penalized Perez and Norris in the previous race for racing incidents, I will admit I don't understand their logic half the time. They should allow the drivers to race, **** will happen but that's racing. Much better than a procession where the guy on pole drives off with a train of cars behind him.

Craig_

Honorary Master
Now you're trolling. Even the stewards said it was their blue-eyed boy's fault.

The FIA also penalized Perez and Norris in the previous race for racing incidents, I will admit I don't understand their logic half the time. They should allow the drivers to race, **** will happen but that's racing. Much better than a procession where the guy on pole drives off with a train of cars behind him.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Can you think about anything better than winning at your home race with 155 000 people cheering you on?

Lets be real here. Hamilton will never admit to doing it intentionally.

MAFIA did their best yesterday. Need to favour the Mercs.
The way he carried on though afterwards waving that flag was nauseating. Really. Doubt he has done that with any other British GP he won.
Hopefully Max ends up winning the Drivers championship and RBR win the Constructors. That's karma. Bottas and team orders again...he should get a decent drive elsewhere if one was going begging.

Speedster

Honorary Master
They were penalised because they were deemed as not being racing incidents, of which there have been numerous this season. With cars traveling at those speeds FIA can't just allow bumper cars as someone will end up dead. Lewis pulled a stupid move yesterday, he should man up and own it.

Craig_

Honorary Master
They were penalised because they were deemed as not being racing incidents, of which there have been numerous this season. With cars traveling at those speeds FIA can't just allow bumper cars as someone will end up dead. Lewis pulled a stupid move yesterday, he should man up and own it.

And that's always been the risk of racing, that's what they all signed up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.