F1 2021: New season discussion and chat

Speedster

Honorary Master
Yip, and the excuses are already starting to come for when the little boy loses the championship, I can already tell you now they will claim it was rigged against him.
Nah, he'll win despite the rigging

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
So realistically, it's Max or Sir Lewis Hamilton who take it this year.

It's looking close and with Ham taking an engine penalty, I think Max has the advantage. That said though, we know Lewis won't go down without a fight. I think Lewis takes it this year, but it'll be one of the closest championships in many a year.

Not sure he's winning the fashion championship though.

powermzii

Expert Member

It's looking close and with Ham taking an engine penalty, I think Max has the advantage. That said though, we know Lewis won't go down without a fight. I think Lewis takes it this year, but it'll be one of the closest championships in many a year.

Yeah Max is definitely in the 'drivers seat' for the championship... pun intended

The couple of races SHOULD favour RB except Turkey i think

Ghost64

Expert Member
Yeah Max is definitely in the 'drivers seat' for the championship... pun intended

The couple of races SHOULD favour RB except Turkey i think
Max needs to win this weekend.
If he wins this weekend I think he seals the championship.
I don’t trust Toto one bit. So expect some dirty tactics from him. There’s some solice in that RB can also play dirty!

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Max needs to win this weekend.
If he wins this weekend I think he seals the championship.
I don’t trust Toto one bit. So expect some dirty tactics from him. There’s some solice in that RB can also play dirty!
I see it mentioned a few posts back that turkey doesn't suit RB, but the rest of the tracks do so its going to be exciting none the less. Max FTW!

Ghost64

Expert Member
I see it mentioned a few posts back that turkey doesn't suit RB, but the rest of the tracks do so its going to be exciting none the less. Max FTW!
Could have been my post. Whilst Turkey will be best suited to the Mercedes cars, they taking the engine penalty and should be behind one or hopefully both Mclarens so they might hold up Lulu and Max can run to the line.
The other factor is we haven’t seen Max race pace at Silverstone. So they could be very fast in Turkey even though it’s a Merc suited track.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
So what are the predictions? I reckon if Lewis takes the engine penalty then he works his way up to 4th.

Max either wins, blows an engine or finds a wall.

Lando comes third, Ricciardo 6th.

Russell 9th.

Mazepin sets the record for number of pirouettes on a single lap AND for a race.

Kimi says "Bwoah" in an intereview.

Meister-Man

Expert Member

Yeah I'm neutral, don't like either Lewis or Max. But would love this going down to the wire, i reckon the advantage definitely sits with Max though.
If only the team mates would up there game and play a supporting role, as that can spice things up as well.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
So what are the predictions? I reckon if Lewis takes the engine penalty then he works his way up to 4th.

Max either wins, blows an engine or finds a wall.

Lando comes third, Ricciardo 6th.

Russell 9th.

Mazepin sets the record for number of pirouettes on a single lap AND for a race.

Kimi says "Bwoah" in an intereview.
I love Kimi! Max has a new engine, so looking good for a win, lets see how quali goes, maclaren have been good the last few races. Keeping my eye on ferrari too.

Ghost64

Expert Member
Lulu only has hair on one side of his head. Can’t wait for him to complain about the balance!

Apparently the drivers saying there’s a whole lot of grip and the tracks still green. So more grip to be laid down.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Lulu only has hair on one side of his head. Can’t wait for him to complain about the balance!

Apparently the drivers saying there’s a whole lot of grip and the tracks still green. So more grip to be laid down.
Apparently they pressure washed the track before the weekend.

Ghost64

Expert Member
Looks like it will be down to pure hp then...
Bad news for RB. Let’s see if Ferrari 9-11hp makes a difference. Otherwise it’s Mercedes powered cars in the top 10... lame...