F1 2024

russell was the gift that kept on giving this race ..from 1 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 3 ..think even 5th one stage

i was waiting for him to hit a wall and with piastri he nearly did

Great race.
Max just a class above the rest.
Ferrari bad weekend, taking chances when you nowhere does not mean bad strategy.
Russell not Merc's future, still cant handle the pressure. At least faster than Hamilton.
Norris still can only win with the help of safety car. He will need to perform soon, as his young teammate will be in his 3rd year next year and probably start beating him then.

Three place grid penalty for Perez for Spain next time out for driving back to the pits with a significantly damaged car. Bad to worse for him...
I lol'd when the camera was on Perez limping back with the f'd up wing and the commentator was like "that is NOT how Adrian Newey designed the rear of the car" as if just to clarify :ROFL:

Yoh, what a great race. It was non stop from beginning to end. I think it is fair to say that the Merc and Mclaren were the best cars this weekend. That being said, Max just showed his brilliance again by finding a way to put that car on the front row and getting the W.

I think RB will get back to more dominant showings with the more traditional tracks coming up.

Ferrari was just never in this race the entire weekend. Wow, what a shocker of a weekend they had.

I do wonder if Horner is in any way doubting his decision to give Perez an extended contract. He was nowhere the entire weekend and Max had to do all the hard work again. Horner can be damn lucky both Ferrari's retired. Is all the sponsors and peaceful teammate story really worth risking a constructor's title?

LH and Russel racing was fun and I think we might still see more of this going forward. I think those two will go from friendly to hostile very soon.
I don't think RB is very worried to have signed Perez. They have a second team and can swap him with a driver from that team even in the middle of the season. Think they might just take a chance on a new young potential star in place of Ricciardo next year and see how it goes. And then swop Perez if the new talent performs.

Great race.
Max just a class above the rest.
Ferrari bad weekend, taking chances when you nowhere does not mean bad strategy.
Russell not Merc's future, still cant handle the pressure. At least faster than Hamilton.
Norris still can only win with the help of safety car. He will need to perform soon, as his young teammate will be in his 3rd year next year and probably start beating him then.

i dont know ..i guess max got lucky with the safety car after norris took a 8s lead

and then perez helped him out cos if perez pulled over could have been another safety car and the mercs on new tyres

but yeah russell is poor

I don't think RB is very worried to have signed Perez. They have a second team and can swap him with a driver from that team even in the middle of the season. Think they might just take a chance on a new young potential star in place of Ricciardo next year and see how it goes. And then swop Perez if the new talent performs.

Perhaps, I just can't see RB being that stupid and not having some performance clause in that contract.

i dont know ..i guess max got lucky with the safety car after norris took a 8s lead
Yes, but Maclaren strategy also lost Lando his win there.

The duration between the yellow flags and tv visuals of the incident were at least 20s before the safety car was announced. When SC flashed up on Lando's dash and the trackside panels, Lando still had 2-3second to carry on straight into the pits instead of taking the last chicane to start a new lap.

Maclaren should have told Lando that if he saw SC flash up, box immediately. If he had, he would have easily got back out in the lead and won the race.

EDIT: I just watched Lando's onboard, as SC flashed up, he asked "Boxing?" and his engineer said stay out. Team messed up!

Last edited:
Even if McLaren didn't mess up the safety car by leaving Lando out, I still think Max would have won. Any gap he had built was lost anyway. After the second safety car, had lando been in front I believe Max had enough to overtake. As it was, had the race been a lap longer, he was at risk from the Merc behind him.

He did well to keep second.

Lando was doing exceptionally well on the inters. He seems to lose some of the pace after swapping to the slicks.

So a question from my side.

Was the Mclaren fast on inters, or were the others slow on inters?

But that was an actual thrilling race, for a change.

Lando was doing exceptionally well on the inters. He seems to lose some of the pace after swapping to the slicks.

The inter's require confidence in grip levels when the track begins drying out as there will dry and wet patches. So drivers are more cautious. Lando was brilliant.

On a dry track, the Mercs were the slightly faster car this weekend so they had the advantage there

Pretty sure the former Norris and Piastri were trading fasted laps as they were hunting down Verstappen and Russell at over a second a lap. They were seemingly able to preserve their inters better than those around them.

Well the track was drying and more rain was expected in 15min. So there is also speculation some was saving their tyres and others not.
Fact is nobody know for sure.
Mclarens could just had better setup and faster.
Maybe they saved their tyres more earlier
Or maybe they others were saving tyres for the next rain and McLaren not.

lando saved his tyres in the beginning as well cos he was about 8s off from Russell in 2nd

Yeah I think so too. Max was catching Russel pretty quick and probably used up his inters during that spell. That and the RB is not great on those curbs so I think he was being cautious to push too hard and end up in the wall.

I also think the RB was slightly stronger on the Mediums so even if Lando was in front, I think Max would have been able to get DRS and make a move.

Back