F1 2024

if we look at the performance of Perez, you have to admit he is signed for a reason other than his ability.
if they wanted the best Driver they would have signed Sainz. or promoted Yuki.

Perez is in that seat for his "marketability" or because of the blackmail he has on the team. its impossible to know if it is blackmail or the money he brings in.
it is clear that it is not for his ability. at least he out qualified Sergeant this weekend....
LOl please enlighten us about what blackmail this is. Pretty please. I bet we can write a DTS season X from that,

People that work their whole life in F1 sign a 17 year old for F1.
Within a few races he the people who work in F1 their whole life decides to give him a seat on a good team because they see all the other people that work in F1 will otherwise give him a seat in a good team.
All these teams manage by people that work in F1 every day will stand with an open checkbook to sign him.

Yet

MBB F1 experts.
Max wins because his car is the fastest
Checo finish outside the top 10 because he is so bad in the fastest car.
Its the car not Max.

Within a few races he the people who work in F1 their whole life decides to give him a seat on a good team because they see all the other people that work in F1 will otherwise give him a seat in a good team.
All these teams manage by people that work in F1 every day will stand with an open checkbook to sign him.

Yet

MBB F1 experts.
Its the car not Max.
That's how it goes in Formula 1. Your car is super-important, but I think when you're an exceptional driver like of course Lewis is as well, you make a difference over your team-mate…

Yet

MBB F1 experts.
Its the car not Max.
Yet for a Ferrari fan, you spend more time talking about Max and Hamilton than Ferrari...

My 2c here is that RB got the recipe worked out when it comes to Max, the car and the strategy (and it works). I get the idea Perez just doesnt fit into that puzzle comfortably at the moment.

That's been Perez's excuse all this time.

But then you're one of the best racing drivers in the world with extensive F1 experience and a championship winning car under you and you cannot adapt?

I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about F1 except from what I see on TV but all the other drivers seem to finish close to their team mates.

If you review the last few pages - heck, the last few races - many people have been praising Max's ability. It's undeniable that he is a major force in F1, his driving is superb.

However, the RB has also been a rocketship. Both things can be true, they're not mutually exclusive.

This is what paints Perez in a bad light. The car IS fast. Undeniable, straight fact. Given, then, that the car is fast, his poor performance must come from something else. His talent and current form, maybe?

If you review the last few pages - heck, the last few races - many people have been praising Max's ability. It's undeniable that he is a major force in F1, his driving is superb.

However, the RB has also been a rocketship. Both things can be true, they're not mutually exclusive.

This is what paints Perez in a bad light. The car IS fast. Undeniable, straight fact. Given, then, that the car is fast, his poor performance must come from something else. His talent and current form, maybe?
Did RB have a rocket ship with new regulations, yes
Did the other catch up this year yes.
The teams have much more data available than us. Even Lando said he knows they were the fastest the weekend and that's why is so disappointed.
Lets say Max is so great he is 0.2 sec a lap faster than anybody else because of his talent. Lets say an average driver will be 0.2 sec a lap slower than the good drivers. Then Perez could be 0.4s slower than Max just on talent.
So this year when everything is so much closer means he could be easily 6-8 positions behind Max in a race.

My guess Mclaren is now the fastest car. Merc, Ferrari and RB is about the same just depending one the track, where some will maybe have a slight edge on some tracks and other on other tracks.
Max is just better than any other current drivers and thats why he still wins even if his car is not the fastest and he drives even further away from the ones who's cars are equal to his.

Last edited:
Oh and this "a car is build for a driver's driving style" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Engineers build and design a car to be the fastest possible around a track including engine, aero etc. Nothing to do with how a driver likes to drive.
The driver then gets in the car and feels what pros and cons comes with this design and adapts to it.
Drivers can change the suspension stiffness, brake balance and things like that to accommodate their driving style.

Oh and this "a car is build for a driver's driving style" is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Engineers build and design a car to be the fastest possible around a track including engine, aero etc. Nothing to do with how a driver likes to drive.
The driver then gets in the car and feels what pros and cons comes with this design and adapts to it.
Drivers can change the suspension stiffness, brake balance and things like that to accommodate their driving style.
You just described Alonso.

apparently max went back to an older car and did some tests to understand why this years car isnt the greatest

Trying to explain why Ferrari are so shyte then? Its not the drivers, its the Engineers who can't design a fast car.

Trying to explain why Ferrari are so shyte then? Its not the drivers, its the Engineers who can't design a fast car.
Last time I checked Ferrari was 2nd in the championship and has won 2 races. So nothing wrong with the car.
Nothing wrong with Leclerc, he is just not in the same class as Max. Just like all the other drivers. You will see next year how good Leclerc is. Vettel also realized it and ran to another team.

The bigger question is how much of the sudden competitiveness of some cars is from the flexing wings. Either it will get banned and we will see if that was the difference, or not banned and RB and the other will get their own flexible wings and we will see if Max lap the rest again.

Last time I checked Ferrari was 2nd in the championship and has won 2 races. So nothing wrong with the car.
Nothing wrong with Leclerc, he is just not in the same class as Max. Just like all the other drivers. You will see next year how good Leclerc is. Vettel also realized it and ran to another team.

The bigger question is how much of the sudden competitiveness of some cars is from the flexing wings. Either it will get banned and we will see if that was the difference, or not banned and RB and the other will get their own flexible wings and we will see if Max lap the rest again.

Ahh ok, so then the Ferarri car is the best of the rest after RB, but their drivers are shyte when in the car.

Gotcha.

Back