F1 - General discussion and 2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
mmm, ok, i never thought of it that way.

indeed that could be an option, though very dangerous, teams could face expulsion and major k@k, see how it ruined Renault after taking two championships.
 

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
18,126
Yeah indeed. The whole issue with the Piquet incident though, was that he was in on it and as such, spilt the beans. In my scenario, the team could just switch off Raikkonen's car without telling him (unlikely but possible). Raikkonen would be none the wiser. He'd think he had a problem and the team would just 'confirm' it.
 

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
I have a different conspiracy theory.

It almost seems like, to me, that it’s all pre-planned. That Bernie and Jean and all the F1 owners get together once a year secretly and plan the future. Ok, you guys will win the next two years, you guys are going to have a slump, now it’s your turn to have a scandal, etc etc.

Surreal, I know, its just that in F1 over a long time everyone gets their piece of everything, good, bad, odd luck, scandals, etc, etc.
 

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
£10k bonus for all Mercedes team members

Every single member of the 2014 title winning Mercedes F1 team is to receive at least £10,000 as a celebration bonus.
Still celebrating its first Constructors' Championship, the German manufacturer, which won the Drivers' Championship with Juan-Manuel Fangio in 1954 and 1955 (the constructors' title not coming into existence until 1958) is to announce news of the pay-outs at its Brackley HQ on Tuesday morning.

This morning, the team celebrated its win with bacon sandwiches, Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda addressing the workforce, every member of which was kitted out in T-shirts proclaiming Sunday's title winning success.

www.pitpass.com

Furk, howsat for nice.
 

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
Tyre choice for Brazil 'dangerous' - Massa

Felipe Massa has labelled Pirelli's tyre choice for the Brazilian Grand Prix as "dangerous", arguing the compounds are too hard for the circuit.

Pirelli will bring the two hardest compounds in its range to Massa's home grand prix at Interlagos. Over the course of the year several drivers have complained about the hardest compound being too difficult to warm-up and Massa believes it could even become a safety concern in Brazil.

"It's dangerous, very dangerous," Massa said. "First of all, Interlagos was never a track to use medium and hard. It's a track that we can use even super-soft and soft, but in a conservative way soft and medium.

"I have no idea why they choose medium and hard, it's completely unacceptable. It's a track where you can have rain, it's a track that can be cold and a track that maybe you can have a condition you need to risk putting on the dry tyres and it is so hard that it will be dangerous. I don't understand."

As part of ongoing renovations at Interlagos, a new track surface has been laid and Massa believes that will make it even more difficult to get the hard compound working.

"They have new asphalt and every track I go where they have new asphalt it gets even easier on the tyres. I have no idea why they choose these tyres."

Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery said the choice had been made amid concerns the soft compound could blister under the loads generated by Interlagos' quick succession of high-energy corners.

http://en.espnf1.com

I tend to agree somewhat here with Massa.

I reckon its definitely time for a 2nd tyre supplier for F1.
 

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,147
Nope.. Ok another clue, the 3 car (Tyrrell) was previously raced by Jackie Stewart.

Were my guesses way off the mark?

Formula Atlantic cars? I thought it was a March and a Chevron.

#1, I'm going to go ahead and say Ian Scheckter as I know he won a number of SA championships in the 70s. If the other car is a Chevron then Tony Martin?
 

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
Were my guesses way off the mark?

Formula Atlantic cars? I thought it was a March and a Chevron.

#1, I'm going to go ahead and say Ian Scheckter as I know he won a number of SA championships in the 70s. If the other car is a Chevron then Tony Martin?

or maybe Sarel vd Merwe ?

:D
 

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,147
Tyre choice for Brazil 'dangerous' - Massa



http://en.espnf1.com

I tend to agree somewhat here with Massa.

I reckon its definitely time for a 2nd tyre supplier for F1.

Massa is becoming increasingly worried about safety. He should retire, honestly. I'd attribute his seeming inability to pass to this. Hakkinen's form dipped badly in 2001 and he admitted that it stemmed from him becoming increasingly concerned about the risks involved in racing. It happens. Drivers reach a certain age and the risks finally dawn on them as the gung-ho of youth abandons them. Jackie Stewart immediately walked away after Francois Cevert was killed, earlier than what he said he would.
 

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
An update from Marussia

At the request of the family of Jules Bianchi, and in conjunction with the Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi, the Marussia F1 Team is able to provide the following information regarding Jules' medical condition:

The past nine days have been extremely difficult for Jules and his family. As a consequence of the accident at Suzuka, a number of medical challenges have needed to be overcome and the situation remains challenging due to the diffuse axonal traumatic brain injury Jules has sustained.

Jules remains in a critical but stable condition in the Intensive Care Unit of Mie General Medical Center in Yokkaichi. The Bianchi family continue to be comforted by the thoughts and prayers of Jules' many fans and the motor sport community. In particular, the many demonstrations of support and affection during the course of the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi were of enormous comfort to Jules' parents and the relatives and friends also present at the hospital.
The family will provide further medical updates when appropriate.

www.pitpass.com
 

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
Massa is becoming increasingly worried about safety. He should retire, honestly. I'd attribute his seeming inability to pass to this. Hakkinen's form dipped badly in 2001 and he admitted that it stemmed from him becoming increasingly concerned about the risks involved in racing. It happens. Drivers reach a certain age and the risks finally dawn on them as the gung-ho of youth abandons them. Jackie Stewart immediately walked away after Francois Cevert was killed, earlier than what he said he would.

yes, agreed, that type of concerns come when you are no longer willing to drive 'balls to the wall' style

time to go

proof is in bottas who is on the podium almost every race
 

chromedome

Expert Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
1,838
Were my guesses way off the mark?

Formula Atlantic cars? I thought it was a March and a Chevron.

#1, I'm going to go ahead and say Ian Scheckter as I know he won a number of SA championships in the 70s. If the other car is a Chevron then Tony Martin?

Yup SA formula 1 championship cars,not Ian Scheckter, same cars with different numbers used in SA GP at Kyalami..you're almost there ( not March or Chevron btw)
 

Polish

Immigrant
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
23,745
What happened to the SA drivers Thomas Scheckter and Adrian Zaug that used to drive A1.

Gone with the wind ?
 

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Joined
May 11, 2011
Messages
21,147
Yup SA formula 1 championship cars,not Ian Scheckter, same cars with different numbers used in SA GP at Kyalami..you're almost there ( not March or Chevron btw)

I'm stumped then. I've got a few SA motor racing annuals from the 70s but I have not been through them in a while, so the memory is a little sketchy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top