Facebook de-platforms page that shared videos of ex-Muslims talking about how they were persecuted after they left Islam

Currantly

Facebook, on the 27th of July 2020, unpublished a page on the social media platform called ExMuslim TV, that merely shared short videos of ex-Muslims and the persecution they faced by the community after they had left Islam. ExMuslim TV took to Twitter on Monday to talk about how Facebook was being unjust in banning their page.

Appealing to Facebook to reconsider their decision of banning the page, the Twitter page of ExMuslim TV said, “Our primary purpose is HUMANITARIAN. Most exMuslims who appear here are/were in danger. They either speak to ask for help or to bring hope to others like them”.

In the screenshots shared by the ExMuslim TV Twitter handle, it would appear that Facebook decided to unpublish the page because supposedly, the page went against their ‘incitement and violence’ standards. However, the page is only known the share videos of ex-Muslims who talk about their own ordeal in the videos. In most of the videos shared by the page, Muslims who had left Islam spoke about how they were hounded, persecuted and shunned by the Muslim community after their decision to leave the faith of Islam.
Linky

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
I checked out the content on their twitter feed. It really doesnt look right wing. If anything its pretty liberal.

Reactions: STS

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Probably got a complaint from a Liberal not a Muslim would be my guess.

Jabulani22

Expert Member
Strange that it was taken down , being persecuted is the least of your worries when trying to leave that cult , they prescribe death if i recall.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
You know that some cerebrus type lost their marbles and demanded it be taken down ....... unfortunately, FB doesn't have the nope factor like mybb when giving in to these types.

surface

Executive Member
Fairly routine I think. Youtube demonetizes ex-muslim videos fairly regularly but I doubt if they de-platform it as such. I also don't think they do it for ex-christians. I think muslims must be complaining a lot.

ah - this explains it why it was banned.
In most of the videos shared by the page, Muslims who had left Islam spoke about how they were hounded, persecuted and shunned by the Muslim community after their decision to leave the faith of Islam.

Grant

Honorary Master
Deplatform everyone, pack up fakebook, and fukkoff.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Probably got a complaint from a Liberal not a Muslim would be my guess.
Did you look at the content? The content appears liberal.... so a liberal must have complained? That makes no sense.

A muslim wanting to become atheist is a pretty liberal notion in the conservative muslim community.

So makes no sense a liberal would complain. More likely a conservative Muslim complained (like Im sure the guys threatning to murder the muslim liberals probally also reported the page).

Did anyone think this through?

Last edited:

access

Honorary Master
Did you look at the content? The content appears liberal.... so a liberal must have complained? That makes no sense.

A muslim wanting to become atheist is a pretty liberal notion in the conservative muslim community.

So makes no sense a liberal would complain. More likely a conservative Muslim complained (like Im sure the guys threatning to murder the muslim liberals probally also reported the page).

depends where your centre is.

like "liberals" that want other people to shut up that dont align with their "free thought"

but i get what youre saying too

STS

Mafia Detective

like "liberals" that want other people to shut up that dont align with their "free thought"

Or conservatives that value freedom, individuality and value through hard work, but condemn everyone from a whole group coz it's easy

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma

I dont think you know what the word liberal means.

These are muslim liberals fighting a type of conservative religious oppression.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master

It is well known that Liberals are adverse to what they call Islamophobia, and willing to ascribe any criticism of Islam to Islamophobia.

One is quite simply not allowed to criticise Islam, even if one is a current or former adherent of it.

There was an Islamic women who wanted to speak on women's rights in Islam, or lack thereof, and she was deplatformed by the Left. They accused her of Islamophobia of course.

So actually yes it makes perfect sense for a Liberal to report this page, because it is critical of Islam, and anything critical of Islam, no matter how justified, is Islamophobia.

For an example of this, there was a debate I think between Ben Affleck and Peter Hitchens on TV about Islam. Hitchens had some good points about the problems of Islam, and Affleck literally called his views disgusting.

Many many many more examples, but the point is that Liberals do not like anyone criticising Islam.

access

Honorary Master
I dont think you know what the word liberal means.

These are muslim liberals fighting a type of conservative religious oppression.
notice the " "

do you know what de-platforming means and who the ones are that push it

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
notice the " "

do you know what de-platforming means and who the ones are that push it
Yeah, its when racists lose their account. Hate speech is one of the things not tolerated.