Facebook de-platforms page that shared videos of ex-Muslims talking about how they were persecuted after they left Islam

access

Honorary Master
Ive seen it applied to pedophiles, APTs, bots, spammers, criminals (RIP encrochat) and QAnon as well.
lets take one rather famous example, does jordan peterson fall under any of your reasons. its done to him on a number of occasions, there are videos of it as well.

he certain has contradictory viewpoints, but none strike me as what you claim.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
lets take one rather famous example, does jordan peterson fall under any of your reasons. its done to him on a number of occasions, there are videos of it as well.

he certain has contradictory viewpoints, but none strike me as what you claim.
Nfi who that is.

What I do know is that a muslim converting to another religion or becoming atheist is pretty freeken liberal and should be supported .

Daruk

Honorary Master
I checked out the content on their twitter feed. It really doesnt look right wing. If anything its pretty liberal.
Facebook and Twitter are the digital broderbund.

access

Honorary Master
Nfi who that is.

What I do know is that a muslim converting to another religion or becoming atheist is pretty freeken liberal and should be supported .
if you google canadian psychologist his name is prominent for first few pages of results. there a few names that keep popping up with the liberal and conservative arguments/viewpoints and his is one of the top ones.

there are also multiple examples of liberal views being removed from social media platforms for not towing the current narrative, which is not really liberal.

surface

Executive Member
Nfi who that is.

Be grateful that you don't know who JP is. In addition if you don't know who Deepak Chopra is either, then you are the luckiest person alive. Don't google any of them - you won't be missing anything. On the other hand, if you like word salad, go for it.

muslim converting to another religion
I don't see how replacing one non-existing god with another non-existing god is helpful.

surface

Executive Member
The page was restored.
I think there should be just a channel stating Quran verses. No need to say anything. If anyone asks, just point to Quran (or Bible verse or any scripture for that matter)

[5.33] The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

SoldierMan

Expert Member
Be grateful that you don't know who JP is. In addition if you don't know who Deepak Chopra is either, then you are the luckiest person alive. Don't google any of them - you won't be missing anything. On the other hand, if you like word salad, go for it.

I don't see how replacing one non-existing god with another non-existing god is helpful.
And you know this how?
Quick derail.

surface

Executive Member
We know how this is going to go, you will ask him to prove it, he will say no that's not how the burden of proof works.

Yaddah yaddah and so forth and what not.
I can't prove fairies don't exist either. I can't prove ghosts don't exist. There must be zillion things one can't prove, right?

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I dont think you know what the word "liberal" means.

View attachment 885470

Seriously....
Neither do you.

Read up on the history of political theory and enlighten to yourself.

Liberalism started in England at around the turn of the 20th century. It was a radical idea at the time, because previously everyone had to believe in Christianity and act a certain way. Liberalism essentially threw open the doors, allowing for a greater diversity of speech and thought.

But if you read what these early liberal thinkers believed (incidentally, their philosophy contributed notably to modern conservative political thought), it doesn't align with what modern liberals believe.

Modern liberals, despite the name, are not really all that liberal, not in the classical sense of the word. To be a liberal today means to have a narrowly constricted world view in which toxic masculinity exists, white people are born racist, Islam is always good and Islamophobia is any criticism of Islam.

If you actually did some reading about no-platforming and who it has been applied to, you will see that it is Liberals no platforming everyone else. They are not tolerant of different points of view.

They are not tolerant of feminists who do not agree with transgenderism - they call them TERFs, or trans exclusionary radical feminists. Yes, to believe that to be a woman, you need a uterus is now radical thought. JK Rowling got de-platformed because of her views on this matter.

They are not tolerant of anyone at all who says anything negative about Islam - countless examples of this.

Anyway, point is, what you think liberalism means and what it actually means are two different things. If you did a bit of reading, you'd see this.

It isn't conservatives deplatforming people who want to talk about Islam or transgenderism - it is so-called liberals.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
I can't prove fairies don't exist either. I can't prove ghosts don't exist. There must be zillion things one can't prove, right?
Difference is Jesus was a man in the flesh (historic documents prove this), a real person, who said he was God and performed miracles for thousands of people. Very much unlike fairies, the easter bunny, father christmas, etc.

But yeah probably not the place to debate it...

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If I didn't have some mild cramping in my tummy, I'd throw a bag of popcorn into the pot.

"Lerato is starring"
"Sipho is making funny faces"
"Teacher, Lulu is pointing at my crayons!"

surface

Executive Member
Difference is Jesus was a man in the flesh (historic documents prove this), a real person, who said he was God and performed miracles for thousands of people. Very much unlike fairies, the easter bunny, father christmas, etc.

Yeah - yours is the only real deal. He sacrificed himself to himself to act as a loophole for a rule he made himself.

Now be happy and love your neighbor.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

Is this in historic documents? I don't mean to offend anyone here. I'm just curious.