Facebook used for R699 a month car fraud

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Anyone who managed to take those *******s for a ride deserves whatever they can get out of the biggest con men operating legally.

EDIT: My favourite butt piece word is a ST*RS word :(

McT

The Humble Scot!
This bunch do operate what like a pyramid scheme.

noxibox

Honorary Master
How was Facebook used for the alleged fraud? Sounds like some idiots simply boasted about taking photographs in advance. Apparently their parents never taught them that if you're going to commit a crime you don't go around advertising it.

Wyzak

Expert Member
Anyone who managed to take those *******s for a ride deserves whatever they can get out of the biggest con men operating legally.

Lol, don't know what your problem is with them, but I helped my mother buy one of their cars several years back and they've paid us more than R20k in advertising fees without missing a single month or giving us any hassles.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Lol, don't know what your problem is with them, but I helped my mother buy one of their cars several years back and they've paid us more than R20k in advertising fees without missing a single month or giving us any hassles.
I have no problem - my car is owned. Don't believe in that finance scheme for one second. The Carte Blanche episode and reports around the web are less then polite about these guys - they seem to prey on the desperate. Glad your old lady got hers though. There is a thread about them somewhere in the motoring thread too.

ld13

Honorary Master
I have no problem - my car is owned. Don't believe in that finance scheme for one second.
I also have my doubts but if you can fully afford the normal repayments on the car, whatever this scheme is willing to pay out to you is a bonus in my eyes. From what I gather those that follow the rules to the letter seem to have no/less problems.

Wyzak

Expert Member
I have no problem - my car is owned. Don't believe in that finance scheme for one second. The Carte Blanche episode and reports around the web are less then polite about these guys - they seem to prey on the desperate. Glad your old lady got hers though. There is a thread about them somewhere in the motoring thread too.
The banks who finance their vehicles do credit checks without taking the advertising income into account (I believe this even stands in the article). So it's not really a financing scheme, but a way for people to earn a little extra income if they follow the steps to the letter. I don't like the EWYO model, so I've stuck to the EWYD model. They have recently gone on a big campaign to try and convince people to switch to EWYO, but if you stuck to your guns and refused their advances you'll probably be better off (that's about the worst thing I can say about them). If you follow the procedure to the letter every month you should be fine.

markings

Expert Member
I always wondered how it works. After reading this I think the line "New car from R699. No deposit, No residual" is false advertising in itself.

4ftersh0ck

This is not false advertising. I am also doing the same deal, I got a Ford Fiesta last year. Basically you get a standard finance deal (no deposit, no residual), then, according to the deal you sign up for you get paid monthly for advertising. I decided on the EWYD model as I easily do 2,000km's a month. I upload my photos on the 2nd of every month and I haven't had any issues with payments. So, with the advertising fee the car is still expensive but not crazy expensive (R1,200 more) without the fee.

Daruk

Honorary Master

This bunch do operate what like a pyramid scheme.
This scheme has always smelled.
poetic justice.
A little more info on your opinions would be helpful.
So far all I see are people complaining without justifying their complaints. Those who've come out in favour of Satinsky, have been clear that their opinons are based on fact. Now I am wary of them (Satinsky) and am sure there are many things to consider before signing up - like the fine print and how many KM you have to drive to get your rebate, etc... but that doesn't mean that they are crooks. I'm curious about why people think it's a pyramid scheme etc.

I always wondered how it works. After reading this I think the line "New car from R699. No deposit, No residual" is false advertising in itself.
Explain please!

cozinsky

Expert Member
It would be easy to see from the photo's metadata when exactly the photo was taken. So if al the photos show the same metadata, a case can be made out for fraud. They should cancel those client's contracts immediately and have them prosecuted.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
It would be easy to see from the photo's metadata when exactly the photo was taken. So if al the photos show the same metadata, a case can be made out for fraud. They should cancel those client's contracts immediately and have them prosecuted.
...because metadata can't be faked/removed/manipulated.