Facebook Whistle-Blower to Share ‘Frightening Truth’ With Senate

_TrXtR_

Expert Member
All the things we knew. Was just a matter of time till the little details get him in trouble.
Hope his wrist is going to tingle after this.

Mister 45

Executive Member
Who wants to take a bet that the downtime of Facebook etc was to kill their US servers and that they are now running exclusively from some other country or countries with more... lenient... laws regarding privacy?

I was once an enthusiastic user of Facebook during my high-school and university years but removed it after a friendly bet with a friend who I said I couldn't last without FB for a month. Best bet I ever took. :)

I regard it now as largely poisonous and have seen the negative effects on people that it used to have on me!

CorneliusCenturion

The harmful effects of Facebook have been known for many years. It is the crippling effect it has on your productivity and the adverse effect it has on your blood pressure. Then again debating religion or politics with idiots on the internet has that effect on a person regardless of where you do it on the internet. So the latter is not a criticism specific to Facebook.

CorneliusCenturion

Will be vaguely interesting to see the details of this.

Social Media in my opinion is generally a poison within society... but then I'm just an anti-social twat at the best of times so I might be biased.
Social Media ruined the internet. It was such a fun place before it.

Swa

Honorary Master
Driver? Or just the place to spot the symptoms?
Driver. SM reinforced the negatives to drive clicks. It's how it's set up. It's what the AI has been instructed to do.

Ragnarök

Expert Member
They will listen and make n big media scene , but nothing will happen , senators all have shares and has been lobbied by big tech

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I am curious of the end result, what will come from all of this. Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp are of the biggest marketing vehicles, and marketing is inherited an influencing model. How this frightening truth will impact businesses, time will tell, but I have an idea that social media is destined to become defragmented. Facebook is an ecosystem.

Then you have this,

“As long as Facebook is operating in the dark, it is accountable to no one,” she said. “And it will continue to make choices that go against the common good.”

the common good in whose perspective?

From how I view the world, the freedom of speech is being suppressed because different groups of people don't like the expressions of others, and I am talking of every day democratic things.

Saying all of this, I fully understand the dangers of social media, but we should be careful of not alienating those who has a seat in your society.

Unreal

Social Media is the leading driver for mental health disorders worldwide... its time to put it right, the world needs its mental health back.
It’s too late for that. The victims want it and they will fight you to the death to have it