Failing to Rica RAIN sim

Cece007

I am trying to rica my rain sim online and I keep getting stuck on the live face recognition step. All it says is "please wait" and does nothing after. Please assist as it's been more than a day now with the same problem. Thank you

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
You're not alone. A family member had the same issue, they got it resolved by moving to Vodacom.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: "D"

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Cece007

Please advise if your issue has been resolved?

If not please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so that we can further investigate your query?

Regards,
rain_mobile

Yolandlelo

Hi

I am having a problem with the Facr recognition step .I have been stuck on it for a week now , and I am getting no responds .Can someone please help me.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi @Yolandlelo

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so that we can further investigate your query?

bobcpt

Has anyone been able to rica a sim card if the facial recognition step failed? If so, how long did it take to resolve the issue?

MikeJacobs

I am trying to rica my rain sim online and I keep getting stuck on the live face recognition step. All it says is "please wait" and does nothing after. Please assist as it's been more than a day now with the same problem. Thank you
Mine is doing the exact same thing

bobcpt

Mine is doing the exact same thing
I had the exact same issue and finally received a response from them yesterday. In short, it seems like the e-rica link is valid for 7 days after which you can click the rica button on the portal again to generate a new sms link. Needless to say, mine also failed on the second attempt. At this point they suggest that you to try a different phone or they can send you another sim card via their courier.

I don't understand why you need to provide a side mugshot (like a criminal) to open an internet account when you can walk into any bank with the already provided proof of address and id document to open a bank account.

MikeJacobs

Mine is finally working..I used a different cell phone to complete the rica process..the live face recognition was slow I'm not sure why but it worked anyway.use a different phone .it worked for me