Fairly recent atheist - looking for a religion - convince me about yours

surface

Executive Member
So - how does your religion score as far as human rights (with focus on women's rights), compatibility with science etc are concerned. Suitable scripture verses would be awesome. I implore you to change my mind.

skimread

Executive Member
So - how does your religion score as far as human rights (with focus on women's rights), compatibility with science etc are concerned. Suitable scripture verses would be awesome. I implore you to change my mind.
Mine science is central.
Women's rights is a moral and not legal view.

You have to pay me to share as I don't do stuff for free.

Magnum

Expert Member
My Religion is Technology. It is real. you can see it everywhere around you, Feel it in the air, Breathe it with every breath( Just stay away from ammonia and nitric fumes...)

Now It has always been eigher or with Religion and Science. But what the greater population can't comprehend is that those two is one and the same. There needs to be no difference between the two subject matters.

Science is how everything was created. Religion is why everything was created. there does not have to be an impasse.

And If I find another flat Earther I will strap a Home-Made rocket to his behind and send him to space without an EV suite to experience the Spherical Globe in person and to come back and report it to us all...

Techne

Honorary Master
You already found religion. Yours is the ritual masturbation at the altar of women's rights and Ilovefckingscience with a sprinkle of secular tithe and offering in the form of taxes. Ramen sister.

Thor

Honorary Master
You can do a lot worse than Jesus, so maybe start there, it's a good one.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Lol, what's fairly recent?

If you are in the fairly recent stage of just adopting your new religion, nobody will convince you of anything. This thread has now basically cemented your view. It's the sunk cost fallacy.

What is this some cognitive dissonance and your looking for confirmation or an attempt to virtue signal that you are now part of the club?

surface

Executive Member

If you are in the fairly recent stage of just adopting your new religion, nobody will convince you of anything. This thread has now basically cemented your view. It's the sunk cost fallacy.

What is this some cognitive dissonance and your looking for confirmation or an attempt to virtue signal that you are now part of the club?
Perfect. Let me deconstruct a bit and stick to the original intent of my post. So your opinion is that people can't (or should not) change their minds? Is your thought process based on some religion? Also, it looks like you find my post offensive - perhaps you could use the Ignore facility provided on this forum? Or you could always report my post to mods? There are many such options available these days.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Take a match, light it and burn your finger with it. Not nice is it? Exactly - become a Christian or you'll burn.

Techne

Honorary Master

a
Aai shame man. Don't be so tough on the girl. She only recently discovered that at the big scale of the universe there is no good, meaning or purpose. She also discovered at the very small scales of the universe there is no purpose, good or meaning. And the third thing she discovered is that somewhere in between these extremes some random bags of chemicals are special enough to create good, meaning and purpose. AND she believes with all her heart that these are not narcissistic fantasies. Let her settle in damnit.

Urist

Expert Member
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."
In the eyes of the old old ones you are all equally insignificant. Soon they will come again.