Fairly recent atheist - looking for a religion - convince me about yours

Ponderer

Expert Member
In your clamour to rubbish anything to do with any criticism of religion, you have completely missed the point. Maybe calm down a bit and wipe the foam from your mouth before reading again with the blinkers off.
What point am I missing?

Ponderer

Expert Member
The best way to highlight the point you are missing is for you to read the passage again. What more can I add that the passage doesn’t cover already?
Just tell me what point am I missing.
Unless of course I didn't miss it - that you are missing the point.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Nah its a very safe assumption that you did miss it. You are pretty good at missing points even when they're so bloody obvious even the 2yr old facepalms because you miss it.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Oh boy.

So he reasons out why all gods are imaginary. Agree or not, he reasons it out and explains his thought process.

It’s now you job to refute his reasoning with some of your own. A “counter argument” if you like. Explaining why he is wrong and why his reasoning is illogical.

Instead, your reply is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ear and screaming “I’m not listening” over and over.

As you do.

Ponderer

Expert Member
Nah its a very safe assumption that you did miss it. You are pretty good at missing points even when they're so bloody obvious even the 2yr old facepalms because you miss it.
You a yapping little ankle-biter doing what yapping little ankle-biters do.
You mindlessly yapping without knowing what is going on?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You a yapping little ankle-biter doing what yapping little ankle-biters do.
You mindlessly yapping without knowing what is going on?
Don't really need to do I? you missed the point, so you don't know either.

Ponderer

Expert Member
Oh boy.

So he reasons out why all gods are imaginary. Agree or not, he reasons it out and explains his thought process.

It’s now you job to refute his reasoning with some of your own. A “counter argument” if you like. Explaining why he is wrong and why his reasoning is illogical.

Instead, your reply is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ear and screaming “I’m not listening” over and over.

As you do.
Did you read post #1479?

rietrot

Honorary Master

Ponderer

Expert Member
Yes. That’s the one where you completely missed the point of his explanation why all gods were either all real or all imaginary, by saying “yah boo”.
How, for the life of me, is it possible that you are unable to grasp/understand post #1479.
Surely.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
How, for the life of me, is it possible that you are unable to grasp/understand post #1479.
Surely.
He explained why one supposition implies the other. You disagreed with nothing other than saying "rubbish".

What is it that I fail to grasp/understand? You simply offered no argument whatsoever.

Splinter

Honorary Master
It was so blatantly obvious the first time, you would still miss it if someone tried to explain it to you.
He's just trolling you. He gets so infuriated by atheists being cleverer than his ilk, he has this masterplan that if he can frustrate and annoy you, he is pulling your strings like a puppeteer, and thus he is the superior intellect.

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
An extract from "atheistalliance.org/thinking-out-loud/how-we-know-gods-are-imaginary".

"We have to conclude that ..."
Exactly who be "We"?
We everybody/everyone, or we Atheists.

"... either there are thousands of real gods, or there are none. But since gods are so different, and are contradictory in many ways, it is impossible that all gods could be real. So we can rule out the option that all gods are real, and we are left with only one option–none are real."
Rubbish.
It's not an "all" or "none" thing.
There could also be "some" gods or only "one" GOD.
Just because some gods are imaginary does not imply that every/all gods are imaginary.

"The fact that all gods work equally well is clear evidence that they are all equally imaginary. The reported benefits of answered prayers, communion and guidance could be nothing more than imagination with a large dose of confirmation bias."
More rubbish.
Just because some gods are imaginary does not imply that every/all gods are imaginary.

"Is there any other reasonable conclusion?"
Yes.
Atheists are as gullible as non-Atheists.

So which gods are imaginary to you and which are not? And why?

If you answer this truthfully, you will realize that all are imaginary.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
He's just trolling you. He gets so infuriated by atheists being cleverer than his ilk, he has this masterplan that if he can frustrate and annoy you, he is pulling your strings like a puppeteer, and thus he is the superior intellect.
I'm fully aware of what he is doing, its called a dose of his own medicine....