Fairly recent atheist - looking for a religion - convince me about yours

rietrot

Honorary Master
Yes there is humans for thousands of years have honed whats good and whats bad yes there is a lot of grey too, but there is no divine intervention its all people.
So we are back at your subjective whim. Bad is just what you feel like at the moment.

EADC

Expert Member
So we are back at your subjective whim. Bad is just what you feel like at the moment.
That's how it works Humans decide whats bad, If it was for your religion slavery would still be cool but people decided that nope its not cool, religion would still have women being subservient people decided nope that's whack, do you see the trend? we move we evolve, its the collective thought of PEOPLE things that actually exist not some fairy tale.

We people ahve always been the deciders of our own destiny not Odin, not Zues and no God.

rietrot

Honorary Master
That's how it works Humans decide whats bad, If it was for your religion slavery would still be cool but people decided that nope its not cool, religion would still have women being subservient people decided nope that's whack, do you see the trend? we move we evolve, its the collective thought of PEOPLE things that actually exist not some fairy tale.

We people ahve always been the deciders of our own destiny not Odin, not Zues and no God.
Isn't religion just humans deciding what's bad? You know the thing you just claimed we've been doing for thousands of years.

And deciding your own destiny isn't exactly deciding whats bad. You should talk to the other anti-freewill people.

Ponderer

Expert Member
Isn't religion just humans deciding what's bad? You know the thing you just claimed we've been doing for thousands of years.

And deciding your own destiny isn't exactly deciding whats bad. You should talk to the other anti-freewill people.
Interesting how Atheists claim that they can for themselves decide what wrong/right is, and in virtually the same breath claim that humans are unable (have no free will) to decide anything.
:ROFL:

rietrot

Honorary Master
Interesting how Atheists claim that they can for themselves decide what wrong/right is, and in virtually the same breath claim that humans are unable (have no free will) to decide anything.
:ROFL:
More interesting is how they blame a god that they don't believe in for everything bad.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I must have different numbers from you. That post has no mention of atheists denying such a thing as free will. Or what am I missing?
Just the general theme in all the PD threads for the last year, but nevermind.

saturnz

Honorary Master

have humans come to the conclusion yet thats its bad to have sex with animals?

how many thousands of years of evolution do we (still) have to go through for us to figure that one out

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
have humans come to the conclusion yet thats its bad to have sex with animals?

how many thousands of years of evolution do we (still) have to go through for us to figure that one out

Why is it bad to have sex with animals?
What does it specifically do that is bad?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
its effectively rape, is rape now also no longer a bad thing
Nah, rape is a bad thing... I was just interested in how you saw sex with animals as being bad.

Personally its one of those things that, in my opinion, doesn't really even need to be specifically codified into a law, its just a bad idea all around.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Nah, rape is a bad thing... I was just interested in how you saw sex with animals as being bad.

Personally its one of those things that, in my opinion, doesn't really even need to be specifically codified into a law, its just a bad idea all around.
its just your view that its a bad idea all around, evidence suggests others disagree with you