Fairly recent atheist - looking for a religion - convince me about yours

Bobbin

Executive Member
Without a societal consensus on an absolute morality, relative morality must ensue. Good/bad then becomes a social trade/interaction on the subjective wants/needs of each participant, which may be constantly changing/evolving.

saturnz

Honorary Master
People will always disagree with things that other people think, that is the nature of humanity in general.
and thats the problem with subjective morals, there will never be consensus

and in a world with no objective morals (not made by man), people can justify that there is nothing wrong with having sex with animals

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master

and in a world with no objective morals (not made by man), people can justify that there is nothing wrong with having sex with animals
All morals are subjective... Even the ones made by man where he claims he got them from a higher power.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member

You do realize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Ur-Nammu happened between 800-1800 years before the bible.

-Don't Murder
-Don't Steal
-Don't kidnap
-Adultery is wrong
-How to treat your slaves
-How to deal with people fighting
-Women are inferior to men
-Mess with you neighbor and get punished

Pretty much all the morals and immoral's in the bible but man made them before your God. I don't think making the claim that people can't be moral without your God is fair.

I also think all cases like we have in law need to be assessed independently, there is a big difference between killing your wife because she burnt a cake and someone killing a person who had them locked up in a basement and raped them for years.