Fairly recent atheist - looking for a religion - convince me about yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techne

Honorary Master
Else if you believe god put me in your path and me lecturing you is what god wanted, I don't need to believe in magic for it to be "meaningful" or part of some destiny.

So regardless of your opinions, everything turns out the way it should? No wonder you're so cranky, you can just blame god for making you this way and be free of any personal responsibility
Oh please tell us again how everything is meaningless BS after you type out all this waffle. If you can do that again I have accomplished plenty :D .

lived666

Executive Member
So angry and bitter. Why is that when you are leading the path of pure bliss and enlightenment? For eternity.
It's because you never know if you know who has taken a break from creating universes to watch you ****....must be so stressful.

There is God, a billion trillion galaxies away doing his stuff, creating new life and just generally mucking about doing god stuff, when suddenly...... beep beep goes off...oh dear Jesus he mumbles (what dad he hears)....argh my boy, looks like Techne about to rub one off....best we go watch, little wanker wants to get into heaven, I think not, no masturbators in my back yard!

Techne

Honorary Master
It's because you never know if you know who has taken a break from creating universes to watch you ****....must be so stressful.

There is God, a billion trillion galaxies away doing his stuff, creating new life and just generally mucking about doing god stuff, when suddenly...... beep beep goes off...oh dear Jesus he mumbles (what dad he hears)....argh my boy, looks like Techne about to rub one off....best we go watch, little wanker wants to get into heaven, I think not, no masturbators in my back yard!
Well at least now we know why you are an atheist.

STS

Mafia Detective
Oh please tell us again how everything is meaningless BS after you type out all this waffle. If you can do that again I have accomplished plenty :D .
How can it be meaningless waffle if everything has meaning? For someone that claims the universe has meaning you are quick to dismiss everything said as meaningless

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
@Techne You do realise the way you carry on you are creating more Atheists and keeping more religious people out of PD then anyone else?

Like Christopher Hitchens said he doesn't oppose religion being taught at school as that's the only way a steady stream of Atheist are produced ;).

Funny how the things you see as meaningless I see as beautiful and freeing. The things you view as important I see as authoritarian, irrational and meaningless but carrying on like a whining child I don't understand.

Pretty sure you will have some way of dismissing everything (apologist) and carry on like usual.

Forum Reader

Religion is meaningless BS just like this Techne guy.

Never seen anyone spew so much meaningless tripe before.

Last edited:

Techne

Honorary Master
How can it be meaningless waffle if everything has meaning? For someone that claims the universe has meaning you are quick to dismiss everything said as meaningless
Your meaningless waffling can have meaning, you just have to drop atheism. Unfortunately I can't help you with upgrading your waffling to meaningful sense.

Techne

Honorary Master
@Techne You do realise the way you carry on you are creating more Atheists and keeping more religious people out of PD then anyone else?

Like Christopher Hitchens said he doesn't oppose religion being taught at school as that's the only way a steady stream of Atheist are produced ;).

Funny how the things you see as meaningless I see as beautiful and freeing. The things you view as important I see as authoritarian, irrational and meaningless but carrying on like a whining child I don't understand.

Pretty sure you will have some way of dismissing everything (apologist) and carry on like usual.
You can see anything as beautiful and freeing, atheism just makes it out to be meaningless BS.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Your meaningless waffling can have meaning, you just have to drop atheism. Unfortunately I can't help you with upgrading your waffling to meaningful sense.
You admit that your belief in your religion is based on nothing other than circumstance, yet you have the gall to mention "meaningful sense" as if there is any sense in your blind faith?

If i were you I'd go back to hiding your religion and discussing philosophy again. At least then you had a position of logic to defend, not this embarrassing drivel.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
You can see anything as beautiful and freeing, atheism just makes it out to be meaningless BS.
Thanks for proving my point.

So not believing in a God makes it meaningless or is it evolution or naturalism or something else?

Techne

Honorary Master
You admit that your belief in your religion is based on nothing other than circumstance, yet you have the gall to mention "meaningful sense" as if there is any sense in your blind faith?

If i were you I'd go back to hiding your religion and discussing philosophy again. At least then you had a position of logic to defend, not this embarrassing drivel.
Once again being completely dishonest. I said: I would not claim that there is "absolutely no logic or rationale behind it". There are pragmatic reasons e.g. it is useful in South Africa to follow Christianity or Christianity is associated with the rise of empirical science in the 12 th century and onward so there is something to it etc.

Techne

Honorary Master

So not believing in a God makes it meaningless or is it evolution or naturalism or something else?
The type of atheism worthy of defending relies on materialism and naturalism. Read up on what it entails.

STS

Mafia Detective
Your meaningful waffling is meaningless to all of us, you realise your point of view is extremely subjective? Are you sure you're not a solipsist perhaps?

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
The type of atheism worthy of defending relies on materialism and naturalism. Read up on what it entails.
Ahh so you generalizing and avoiding the question. All an atheist is, is a lack of belief in God because there is no evidence.

So back at you about doing some reading. Aren't you supposed to be trying to get people to believe it does say that in the Bible so I take it hell is coming but on your death bed you going to ask for forgiveness and poof heaven?

rietrot

Honorary Master

I don't understand this objection. Aren't you guys all about life having no meaning?

Giving life meaning is a religious idea.

Techne

Honorary Master
Ahh so you generalizing and avoiding the question. All an atheist is, is a lack of belief in God because there is no evidence.

So back at you about doing some reading. Aren't you supposed to be trying to get people to believe it does say that in the Bible so I take it hell is coming but on your death bed you going to ask for forgiveness and poof heaven?
EVERY single atheist when asked what they mean by "lack of evidence" or "there is no evidence" either end up failing completely to come up with a coherent explanation of what exactly they mean (usually some non-scientific, non-empirical, argument from ignorance subjective BS) or end up having to claim that God has been empirically tested and came up short. It will be entertaining to see which camp you fall into :cool: :X3: .

Last edited:

Techne

Honorary Master
Your meaningful waffling is meaningless to all of us, you realise your point of view is extremely subjective? Are you sure you're not a solipsist perhaps?
No surprise there if you mean "us atheists". I don't expect more.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Thanks for the easy questions

I don't understand this objection. Aren't you guys all about life having no meaning?

Giving life meaning is a religious idea.
So because you don't believe in Zeus is there no meaning in a rain storm, that is just ignorant.

Giving life meaning is a religious idea hahahaha you would have to prove that humans didn't create the religions which would then say humans created meaning.

I can prove people create meaning but you can't prove anything supernatural, something to think about i guess.

As if any real person can have such an empty world view and be so superficial.
I can say the exact same thing about religion just change it a bit what kind of person needs something that doesn't exist (due to lack of evidence) to hold their hand and them take them to an imaginary world when they die. As if any real person can have such an empty world view, be so superficial and weak.

Silly words and I don't mean those things just showing how easy it is.

I just believe that God doesn't exist because there is no proof.
why is there no meaning?

We both see the same stars, beautiful rivers, get shivers from songs, love etc etc if anything I know I have to enjoy it more and get more meaning from it because I only have this one amazing life. I have to live it to the fullest.

EVERY single atheist when asked what they mean by "lack of evidence" or "there is no evidence" either end up failing completely to come up with a coherent explanation of what exactly they mean (usually some non-scientific, non-empirical, argument from ignorance subjective BS) or end up having to claim that God has been empirically tested and came up short. It will be entertaining to see which camp you fall into :cool: :X3: .
The easiest thing would be something measurable or observable over time by anyone but there isn't anything.

Unfortunately the most correct answer is God would know what would make every person believe in him because he knows everything only he could do it, but hes "missing", "doesn't exist" (choose you word) so he doesn't. I know you are going to jump up and down now but you don't have a better answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.