Fake/inferior products delivered by Takealot

Price has got nothing to do with it , if you advertise it as the genuine product , then the customer bought it on that assumption.
And it it not from some fly by night scam website , it is on Takealot , who you suppose can trust
Lol to each their own.

For a 10th of the price no less.

I must be looking in the wrong place. I’ve never seen branded items on Takealot anything near that. However, I did return a full price Nintendo Switch pro controller a couple of years ago because I’m sure it was fake. Was it my fault for ordering it?

Price has got nothing to do with it , if you advertise it as the genuine product , then the customer bought it on that assumption.
And it it not from some fly by night scam website , it is on Takealot , who you suppose can trust
Its not like you can advertise it as a fake. The solution is simple: return and use reason as changed my mind

Yeah some real dodgy people on here if they think its OK to comit fraud just because you can return it or you should know better because of the price.
I hope TAL get a proper fine as its clear from the posts so far they are aware of the issue and choose to do nothing or even actively remove warnings from users that are in the best interest of other consumers.
The answer is to stop using TAL not keep going back for more. Vote with your wallet.

Yeah have had the same issue. Bought xbox batteries each time fake, sent them back. One of them they returned to me as it was missing the charging cable. It never came with one.

Yeah have had the same issue. Bought xbox batteries each time fake, sent them back. One of them they returned to me as it was missing the charging cable. It never came with one.
Lesson: ALWAYS unbox stuff on record using your camera. That way you have proof of what’s in the box and what condition it’s in

Lesson: ALWAYS unbox stuff on record using your camera. That way you have proof of what’s in the box and what condition it’s in
100% the box was in terrible condition as well. They even tried that stunt with a Samsung A34 I sent back, kept having issues saying there was moisture (software bug). They were like there are missing accessories the charger. I was like Samsung hasn't had chargers in the box for quite sometime thanks

Hi everyone. I bought a bathroom cabinet from takelot (not badly priced). It came as one piece all assembled. I was pleasantly surprised, so I decided to buy another one for the other bathroom but those one was a bit pricey.
When it got here it was ll flat packed. While trying to assemble it I noticed screws that were missing dowels that weren't sized right and none of the panels fitted together tightly leaving big gaps between panels. Trying to get this thing together I manged to push one of the dowels right through the melamine. Even though I took pics of the problems and sent it through to takealot they refused to exchange it. Lesson learned.... as soon as you see any issue, pack it up and return immediately.

Hi everyone. I bought a bathroom cabinet from takelot (not badly priced). It came as one piece all assembled. I was pleasantly surprised, so I decided to buy another one for the other bathroom but those one was a bit pricey.
When it got here it was ll flat packed. While trying to assemble it I noticed screws that were missing dowels that weren't sized right and none of the panels fitted together tightly leaving big gaps between panels. Trying to get this thing together I manged to push one of the dowels right through the melamine. Even though I took pics of the problems and sent it through to takealot they refused to exchange it. Lesson learned.... as soon as you see any issue, pack it up and return immediately.
Hi

Laptop chargers are a good example. I've had cheaper ones from takealot, which I know but often they would ship wrong voltage/ampage supplies. Had a huge fight earlier in the year and 4 returns. Takealot dealt with the return process fine but the QC of third parties is a problem.
It’s up to us to DYOR and not to expect Takealot (or third party sellers who are 99% af fault in this thread) to spoon feed us or provide guarantees of quality.

Has anyone ever received a non genuine product from Takealot? I think not.

I must be looking in the wrong place. I’ve never seen branded items on Takealot anything near that. However, I did return a full price Nintendo Switch pro controller a couple of years ago because I’m sure it was fake. Was it my fault for ordering it?
Send us the link if you can, and order/payment item info.

But I’m guessing, yes. ;)

Yes they are fake products on Takealot. Especially stuff like perfumes etc.

Remember it's mostly third party sellers.

Same thing can happen on Amazon.

It’s up to us to DYOR and not to expect Takealot (or third party sellers who are 99% af fault in this thread) to spoon feed us or provide guarantees of quality.
No, I mean the product purchased stipulates the wattage and voltage correctly BUT what's packed in the box is not.

For example, ordered a 130w dell charger, got sent a 60w first time and a 90w second time.
They physically look exactly the same but the actual spec sticker tells you the differance. And the store listing is specific to what you get so it's a case of bad picking and shipping and staff not knowing how to either read spec labels or crap bin storage at dc/warehouse.

No, I mean the product purchased stipulates the wattage and voltage correctly BUT what's packed in the box is not.

For example, ordered a 130w dell charger, got sent a 60w first time and a 90w second time.
They physically look exactly the same but the actual spec sticker tells you the differance. And the store listing is specific to what you get so it's a case of bad picking and shipping and staff not knowing how to either read spec labels or crap bin storage at dc/warehouse.
Agree with you, I’ve had the same. Including incorrect tips. But never from Takealot themselves.

Send us the link if you can, and order/payment item info.

But I’m guessing, yes. ;)

I told them it was a fake on the phone and the guy recorded it like the below. They refunded quickly and I ordered another one from somewhere else. Can’t recall where now. But this one was sold through Takealot by Oblivion World whoever the fsck they are.

IMG_3720.jpeg

Yes they are fake products on Takealot. Especially stuff like perfumes etc.

Remember it's mostly third party sellers.

Same thing can happen on Amazon.
You log into takealot , buy on their website , pay takealot , they ship in a takealot box with takealot couriers .

The purchase agreement is between you and takealot .

Amazon you can rate the sellers

Chris, is that you?

But seriously, do you have photos? It's very weird because Binuns is a legit business.

Yes, I'd also be wary of naming Binuns. They're a reputable company that sells kitchenware.

Unless they really did laugh in your face about fake cutlery etc.

I told them it was a fake on the phone and the guy recorded it like the below. They refunded quickly and I ordered another one from somewhere else. Can’t recall where now. But this one was sold through Takealot by Oblivion World whoever the fsck they are.

View attachment 1707333
The third parties strike again!

Sorry to hear.

Back