[Fake-ish News?]Man uses drone with fireworks to break up neighbourhood street party in Brazil

qscwbt

Expert Member
That video of a drone shooting fireworks into a crowd is not what it seems

"But it seems the whole thing was a stunt by a popular Brazilian Instagram personality, Lucas Albert, and his pals. As some media outlets have reported, the clip appears on Albert's Instagram with a caption that says roughly, "My friends did a barbecue on the street and they did not invite me look at what I did with them."

Albert went on to address the video in clips posted to an Instagram story. He derided the way the video had become "fake news" and claimed "it was a joke" he pulled off with friends. The story also featured clips of people shooting fireworks at each other, putting the ultimate combination of drone and bottlerockets into fuller context."

https://mashable.com/article/drone-shooting-fireworks-crowd-video-stunt/

genetic

Honorary Master
Who got you? And where were you?
Well, technically more than twice, but twice involving the police.

Was caught by metro police flying in the city center. Cops wanted to see my permit, but let me off with a warning and sent me on my way. Other time was in Green Point, where we were actually fined for not having a permit by Metro.

Been stopped by CCID a few times too. We don't fly unless having a permit now.

You can probably get away with flying a little Mavic Air, but flying the Inspire or Phantom drones catch a lot of attention.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Well, technically more than twice, but twice involving the police.

Was caught by metro police flying in the city center. Cops wanted to see my permit, but let me off with a warning and sent me on my way. Other time was in Green Point, where we were actually fined for not having a permit by Metro.

Been stopped by CCID a few times too. We don't fly unless having a permit now.

You can probably get away with flying a little Mavic Air, but flying the Inspire or Phantom drones catch a lot of attention.
Sounds like city cops and city permits?

genetic

Honorary Master