Family ‘extremely’ worried after Muizenberg woman's disappearance

Grant

Honorary Master
Relatives of a missing Muizenberg mother say they are extremely worried as it has been three days since her disappearance.

Angelique Ripepi was last seen leaving her home to go to a job interview at Table View Mall on Saturday morning.

The 25-year-old woman never returned home and her family can't get hold of her.

Ripepi's stepfather, Anthony Matthee says: “We just know she went for an interview. She asked a friend to drop her at the mall as the interview was apparently there. He wanted to stay and wait for her, but she said she would get home on her own. He asked her where the place is that she’s being interviewed at and she said she was waiting on someone to phone her. Then he left.”
ar.jpeg

https://ewn.co.za/2019/01/22/family-extremely-worried-after-muizenberg-woman-s-disappearance

genetic

Honorary Master
Table View Mall? No such place. Maybe they mean Table Bay Mall, or Bayside Mall.

Very safe area, so strange indeed. I somehow doubt she went to the interview. Also Muizenberg and Table View are very far away from each other, and if she doesn't have a car, how was she expecting to work there? There is no direct public transport, you'd have to catch a taxi / train to Cape Town, then a Myciti Bus to Table View. That trip alone would take almost two hours itself.

It just doesn't add up.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Table View Mall? No such place. Maybe they mean Table Bay Mall, or Bayside Mall.

Very safe area, so strange indeed. I somehow doubt she went to the interview. Also Muizenberg and Table View are very far away from each other, and if she doesn't have a car, how was she expecting to work there? There is no direct public transport, you'd have to catch a taxi / train to Cape Town, then a Myciti Bus to Table View. That trip alone would take almost two hours itself.

It just doesn't add up.
Google finds such a mall at:
36 Blaauwberg Rd, Table View, Cape Town, 7439

https://www.google.co.za/maps/place...x0:0x470af4cbd672330f!8m2!3d-33.826!4d18.4876

noxibox

Honorary Master
Also Muizenberg and Table View are very far away from each other, and if she doesn't have a car, how was she expecting to work there? There is no direct public transport, you'd have to catch a taxi / train to Cape Town, then a Myciti Bus to Table View. That trip alone would take almost two hours itself.

It just doesn't add up.
Why not when that is exactly the sort of thing many people have to do to get to their jobs? Some people have to take jobs wherever they can get them.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I'm hoping for the best, but I don't think there was an interview. A friend went for something similar but she just got an odd vibe about it and was like nah I'll not go.

Shi

Expert Member
Why not when that is exactly the sort of thing many people have to do to get to their jobs? Some people have to take jobs wherever they can get them.
So true. I know of many people who take at least 2 different methods of transport e.g. taxi then train or multiple taxi's. Life can be tough without a car in this regard.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I'm hoping for the best, but I don't think there was an interview. A friend went for something similar but she just got an odd vibe about it and was like nah I'll not go.
I first saw this story on Facebook. I went to the comments section and there were was a mother and another woman that spoke about similar, shady job ''interviews''.

She's an attractive woman, so it wouldn't surprise me if she was approached by someone with ulterior motives knowing there are young people out there desperate for jobs.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Eish. That was no interview I fear. Hope she’s ok.
This is too common, people need to know its not the same any more. The person I recovered also was invited to a shady SEd interview.

The one space I saw was listed as a travel agency offering those work on ship services. It was just a front and cover for criminal human trafficking groups.

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
It's the little sort of strip mall opposite the bus terminal
That's the "Tableview Centre" not that anyone calls it that, it's "the Pick n Pay across Bayside" to most people as there's pretty much nothing else in there.

Ironically less than 1km from the police station, very dodge that the girl didn't give any details to anyone else even when they asked, like she didn't want them to know ...

dj2381

Expert Member
Most likely for getting forced onto a crack addiction and sold off as a prostitute.

Of course they would've called it something else to lure her in.
I was thinking more along the lines of why the father didn't mention what she was interviewing for, imagine letting your daughter go for an interview and she doesn't or won't tell you why, red flags straight away.

miz_pimp

She has been found "unharmed".

A 25 year old Muizenberg mother has been found unharmed. Angelique Ripepi went missing on Saturday when she went for a job interview at Table Bay shopping mall. According to the Pink Ladies, two women saw her in Southern Suburbs and recognized her from a flyer. They then called Saps to fetch her. She has been taken to hospital. No further information could be divulged.
“We thank everyone for sharing and assisting to bring her home safely. The family needs space now," said the Pink Ladies
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156134503317794&id=86614637793