Family of 'intruder' wants to perform ritual at house where he was killed

[XC] Oj101

Expert Member
Blerry backwards idiots.
Perhaps if your relative wasn't a scummy **** you wouldn't need to perform such retarded rituals.
My comment was made generally and without reading the article. I can see, having now seen the full thing, why the mob thing may not have been the best idea. But I also feel zero sympathy for criminals in general so there's that.
one less tsotsi
I've just read three or four articles and all I can find is that he was potentially looking for help - I see nothing about him being a criminal.

Flanders

Honorary Master
This story is crazy. I'd be concerned that 300 "relatives" arrive for the ritual. Things could get messy.

R13...

Honorary Master
This story is crazy. I'd be concerned that 300 "relatives" arrive for the ritual. Things could get messy.
You could stipulate how many will be allowed and if more turn up than agreed just turn the whole lot back. Obviously have the police on hand in case of more arriving and then becoming unruly.

Jopie Fourie

No, no, no, no, no!! Just no!

His soul now belongs to the people in whose yard he intruded. His family should have no access to this, for whatever reason. His soul is now someone else's property.

hungrymamba

Even if he had bad intentions - it doesn't look like the punishment fit the 'crime'... There isn't even a mention that he was carrying a weapon - break-in implements...nothing....

Jopie Fourie

Even if he had bad intentions - it doesn't look like the punishment fit the 'crime'... There isn't even a mention that he was carrying a weapon - break-in implements...nothing....
Doesn't matter. He was on someone else's property. Freedom comes with risks. He took it and it did not pay off - irrelevant of his intentions.

hungrymamba

Doesn't matter. He was on someone else's property. Freedom comes with risks. He took it and it did not pay off - irrelevant of his intentions.
Imagine you are being chased by thugs after maybe your car broke down in a suburban street and you end up in someone else's yard... Must you also by lynched?

Jopie Fourie

Imagine you are being chased by thugs after maybe your car broke down in a suburban street and you end up in someone else's yard... Must you also by lynched?
Yeah, why not. It is not my premises, is it?

By the way, if he came screaming and pleading for help, I highly doubt he would have moved on to the next life.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
He didn't present a threat to a whole mob of people did he?
They should have tied him up and called the police, then he can rot in prison if he committed a crime.

If it had been the homeowner who shot the guy because he looked like he might be a threat, it would have been a different story. But calling your neighbours to beat him to death is disgusting, and makes you nothing but a murderer.
"Trespassers will be persecuted"

ForceFate

Honorary Master
This was definitely excessive. Maybe a klap or three for not answering why he's in the yard but to bring out spades and ****? And the time of day also makes it a bit hard to believe he was a violent criminal if he was looking for something to steal and those tend to work in packs.
They go solo sometimes. You've obviously never witnessed a lone wolf attempting to break into a house at 10am.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Such rituals are usually sombre affairs, performed by elders of the family. It doesn't take very long.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
He didn't present a threat to a whole mob of people did he?
They should have tied him up and called the police, then he can rot in prison if he committed a crime.

If it had been the homeowner who shot the guy because he looked like he might be a threat, it would have been a different story. But calling your neighbours to beat him to death is disgusting, and makes you nothing but a murderer.
You mean "then highly likely he would have been on the streets the next day, never to be sentenced with anything"

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Yeah, why not. It is not my premises, is it?

By the way, if he came screaming and pleading for help, I highly doubt he would have moved on to the next life.
My 2c

Maybe he was trying to hide from his pursuers, who may have been sniffing around the area at the time.

Craig

Honorary Master
Is there proof of this horse twaddle? Or at least of a story aying he was there for any other reason but criminality?

"Trespassers will be executed"
Ftfy
My 2c

Maybe he was trying to hide from his pursuers, who may have been sniffing around the area at the time.
Or maybe he was just another criminal? People are getting tired of crime.