Faniebraai has passed away

Randhir

Honorary Master
It is strange how we take these online interactions for granted because we don't see people face to face and rarely meet them in person.

Yet we spend hours with each other every day and so it's actually no surprise that this kind of thing hits you unexpectedly hard because reality sets in and you realize your "unreal" friendship with people on the internet is actually very strongly based in reality.

Can't believe how this event has affected by thought patterns overnight and this morning. Will most certainly have a dop on the man this evening.
Well said.

RIP Fannie.

McT

The Humble Scot!
I had not yet had the chance to meet him in person. But his persona on the forum seems to echo the person he was. At the time the news was another massive blow to the gut. Once again my eyes welled and watered at the loss of another great person to this forum -- and more importantly to his family and friends. I cannot begin to imagine the shock and grief they feel. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

For Fanie, there will be a braai over the weekend. Probably Sunday. Good wood will be bought and braaied with. If my Weber doesn't like it, tough. Fanie, you will always be fondly remembered.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
It is strange how we take these online interactions for granted because we don't see people face to face and rarely meet them in person.

Yet we spend hours with each other every day and so it's actually no surprise that this kind of thing hits you unexpectedly hard because reality sets in and you realize your "unreal" friendship with people on the internet is actually very strongly based in reality.

Can't believe how this event has affected by thought patterns overnight and this morning. Will most certainly have a dop on the man this evening.
Well, I tell you what - I don't drive a KM on my bike now without thinking about some dude (by all accounts a great fellow), that I don't really know, and never will. Yet, he has changed my attitude towards how I approach an integral aspect of my life, forever.

Biostar

I don't really post on the forum as I'm much more of a lurcher. However, even as a passing observer I feel bad for this man's passing. I hope his family and friends find the strength to overcome this or at least live with it.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
I just realized I did not say anything and I'm quite confused about it.

RIP Fanie, we did not interact much but you were an addition to many sections of the forum, a true braaimaster.

I wish all the strenght to his wife, kids and family to go through these horrific times.

Craig

Honorary Master
I just realized I did not say anything and I'm quite confused about it.

RIP Fanie, we did not interact much but you were an addition to many sections of the forum, a true braaimaster.

I wish all the strenght to his wife, kids and family to go through these horrific times.
Weird that even though I have never met anyone here in person, interaction makes people on here feel familiar. Rip.