Farm couple killed for a gun: Proudly South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo

Expert Member
Prometheus said:
You're flogging a dead horse here!!! You can't get rid of something that never was. We never had a democracy. There's a limited number of people in power making the decisions here. If you don't like it then vote someone else into power to screw things up. The little people never had a say and STILL don't! No use living under an illusion!
Huh? Was the elections we had a collective dream? Who's the little people who NEVER had a say?

ignacio

Banned
Prometheus said:
You're flogging a dead horse here!!! You can't get rid of something that never was. We never had a democracy. There's a limited number of people in power making the decisions here. If you don't like it then vote someone else into power to screw things up. The little people never had a say and STILL don't! No use living under an illusion!
I don't know what that collection of quotes is meant to prove, apart from showing that my ones are coherent, logical and well-written. If that is what you are trying to do, I thank you for your support.

Prometheus

Banned
eye_suc said:
unfortunately genetics does not account for people being arrogant and self righteous. it is the fault of upbringing and your surroundings you find yourself in...

i am nobody to interfere here, because politics is something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. but for the love of GAWD, please get a life and stop posting s h i t on this much loved forum. if you cant debate like civilised people perhaps you shouldnt. gawd, its worse than a bunch of teenage girls fighting over a boy
This whole thread is because of shit. Maybe you should take that into account. :D

Prometheus

Banned
ignacio said:
I don't know what that collection of quotes is meant to prove, apart from showing that my ones are coherent, logical and well-written. If that is what you are trying to do, I thank you for your support.
No, i'm saying that you are both arguing over a democracy that we don't have. :D

Prometheus

Banned
Angelo said:
Huh? Was the elections we had a collective dream? Who's the little people who NEVER had a say?
You mean they actually give YOU the right to vote about legislation you don't like? Why don't the others like me have that same right? Maybe because we DON'T! Face it, YOUR democracy is an illusion!!!

ignacio

Banned
Prometheus said:
You mean they actually give YOU the right to vote about legislation you don't like? Why don't the others like me have that same right? Maybe because we DON'T! Face it, YOUR democracy is an illusion!!!
Actually, it is called a representative democracy as is the norm for nearly all democracies: since it would be impractical for all of us to vote on all issues, we vote for people to represent us by making such votes for us. In this respect, it is a fairly typical democracy by any standards.

Angelo

Expert Member
eye_suc said:
unfortunately genetics does not account for people being arrogant and self righteous. it is the fault of upbringing and your surroundings you find yourself in...

i am nobody to interfere here, because politics is something that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. but for the love of GAWD, please get a life and stop posting s h i t on this much loved forum. if you cant debate like civilised people perhaps you shouldnt. gawd, its worse than a bunch of teenage girls fighting over a boy
Would you like to be a Mod?:)

Angelo

Expert Member
Prometheus said:
Do you want a ballot to be carried to every household everytime Parliament alters the legislation?

Prometheus

Banned
ignacio said:
Actually, it is called a representative democracy as is the norm for nearly all democracies: since it would be impractical for all of us to vote on all issues, we vote for people to represent us by making such votes for us. In this respect, it is a fairly typical democracy by any standards.
Angelo said:
Do you want a ballot to be carried to every household everytime Parliament alters the legislation?
It's garbage being labelled as a democracy that is being fed to people. Democracy means you have a say in everything. Lets see now... I didn't have a say in anything.

This is real democracy:
Direct Democracy in Switzerland
If you hate the legislation then THROW IT OUT. It works VERY well there and is much MORE practical than this garbage we have which is equivalent to Telkoms broadband. WE DO NOT HAVE A DEMOCRACY!!! :D

eye_suc

Expert Member
Angelo said:
Would you like to be a Mod?:)
no thanks... but i would like for mod intervention here.

i heard rumours that if you mention IC then something happens...

ignacio

Banned
Prometheus said:
It's garbage being labelled as a democracy that is being fed to people. Democracy means you have a say in everything. Lets see now... I didn't have a say in anything.

This is real democracy:
Direct Democracy in Switzerland
If you hate the legislation then THROW IT OUT. It works VERY well there and is much MORE practical than this garbage we have which is equivalent to Telkoms broadband. WE DO NOT HAVE A DEMOCRACY!!! :D
I am not disagreeing with you that a direct democracy would be nice - but firstly it is not the norm and secondly we do not have the country size, technology or money to pull off what Switzerland did. It is still a democracy and you DID get a say - your say may not equate to laws of your liking - but that is how a democracy works.

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
yes ignacio you are correct most people did get a say or their parents got a say which most of u black racist seem to forget the white people had to vote for apartheid to end and release mandela from prison

ignacio

Banned
DigitalSoldier said:
yes ignacio you are correct most people did get a say or their parents got a say which most of u black racist seem to forget the white people had to vote for apartheid to end and release mandela from prison
Your attempt at an ad hominem is sweet, but I am neither black, nor racist, and the fact that you dare to think - let alone say - that giving a human being their own God given right to a say in how they want to live their lives is some kind of "gift" that whites gave to blacks is so sickeningly ignorant and racist, that I am quite disgusted with you.

That's right: pat yourself on the back for giving people back the dignity, right to self-rule and humanity that you stole from them for centuries... CONGRATULATIONS, how kind of you!!

DigitalSoldier

Honorary Master
/me pats self on back

ignacio what I was talking about is most blacks just hate white people but they forget that the white people did play a role in ending apartheid .

As for ur other remarks /care

ignacio

Banned
DigitalSoldier said:
/me pats self on back
ignacio what I was talking about is most blacks just hate white people but they forget that the white people did play a role in ending apartheid .
As for ur other remarks /care
Yes - well bloody done! - since they f@ckin created apartheid, it seems quite reasonable that they would be the ones to end it - you know, given that small things like blacks couldn't vote to end it themselves etc... really minor stuff like that.

I have never seen something more ignorant online - thanks - this is one for the history books.

Status
Not open for further replies.