• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Farm electricity meter tamperer has to pay Eskom R900k or spend 12 years in jail

schumi

Honorary Master
The Kroonstad Magistrate’s Court today sentenced a man to 12 years imprisonment, suspended for five years, on condition that he reimburses Eskom R900 000 in lost revenue for tampering with electricity meters at farms in the Free State.

Gerhard Ferreira had pleaded guilty to 14 charges of fraud and 10 counts of malicious damage to property.

”The 12 year sentence was suspended for five years on condition that he reimburses Eskom R921 830.88 worth of losses incurred by the company, payable by 31 December, 2020,” Eskom said in a
More at : https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...-to-pay-eskom-r900k-or-spend-12-years-in-jail

Nithan15

Expert Member
I have seen these illegally connected cables running across the road at the informal settlement on Beyers Naude Drive, it looks so dangerous and barely clears most of the trucks passing by.

MightyQuin

Executive Member
Received a video on WhatsApp this morning of a nicely cooked electricity thief. Still smoking....made my day.

R13...

Honorary Master
I have seen these illegally connected cables running across the road at the informal settlement on Beyers Naude Drive, it looks so dangerous and barely clears most of the trucks passing by.
Is that the same place that rioted when they tried to remove the connections?

ArtyLoop

Expert Member
This was likely a firmware hack for a specific type of meter or a bypass altogether.
Just chose to make an example of this guy.. that's all... No action for Soweto or the millions of others that openly steal electricity.

Milano

Honorary Master
Brazen selective prosecution. Shameless. The authority is as ethically bankrupt as the transgressor.

Gnome

Executive Member
Bruh, you only steal when you can hide behind the voter base. F#@king idiot trying to steal for the exact people this country loves to hate. Farmers. Probably white farmers too, that is like asking for you to be targeted.

Seriously

Honorary Master
Yet murderers and other seroous crimes and tje likes of Zuma .....
Comparisons would be interesting.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
And here I thought only townships and ANC voters tampered.

When I said that in a certain mining town, the most tampered area was the nice area and the farms and not the township, nobody believed me.