Faster Telkom LTE speeds following end of Night Surfer deal – Users

dotcat

Speeds have been excellent the last few months. Even at peak times getting over 50Mbps.

Jacobofski

What a lot of baloney! We used that product until its end and the 450gb product on my phone as it was not available on WiFi telephone number, which I don't understand because I buy at least 60 + 60gb each month on it. So our household is heavy data users. In our experience the download speed is the lowest between 18h00 and 24h00 each day. And we live in Bronkhorstspruit on a farm but in sight of the LTE tower but outside the supposed coverage area. Our LTE signal is about 80%. We also run on a VPN that we may watch Amazon Prime Video from the USA which is a very better product than the local one. And I am looking to begin to use 100 + 100gb per month. And we have access to a single LTE transmitter.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Lol so a product that worked only between midnight and 7am impacted speeds in other hours? :crylaugh:

quovadis

Expert Member
Lol so a product that worked only between midnight and 7am impacted speeds in other hours? :crylaugh:
Or backhaul/tower capacity was increased in areas... Don't get these articles myself.

KamoGel0

Well duuh, many sims where chewed up when the 500GB night surfer data deal got cancelled and we were lied to about the 450GB Mo'Nice deal.

Last edited:

system32

Expert Member
11:59 to 07:01

Telkom technician:
$ ssh admin@lte.internal.telkom.co.za
bandwidthControl# conf t
bandwidthControl# bandwidth limit 12Mb, time 11:59 to 07:01, enable=on, port=LTE

Correct command
bandwidthControl# bandwidth limit 12Mb, time 23:59 to 07:01, enable=on, port=LTE

So when they cancelled the product and removed the rule all good.
:):):)

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Telkom technician:
$ ssh admin@lte.internal.telkom.co.za
bandwidthControl# conf t
bandwidthControl# bandwidth limit 12Mb, time 11:59 to 07:01, enable=on, port=LTE

Correct command
bandwidthControl# bandwidth limit 12Mb, time 23:59 to 07:01, enable=on, port=LTE

So when they cancelled the product and removed the rule all good.
:):):)
:crylaugh:

uchoose

I'm lucky to be able to get RAIN as well as Telkom, so good bye Telkom. I will never be conned again by Telkom with their grabbing customer deals like the 500gb night surfer and then dropping it with no replacement. I guess the clever execs have left Telkom leaving Telkom with dumb ass brainless ones which have plagued the company for years.

Swa

Honorary Master
None of this makes sense. Only one of those measurement would have been affected by the night surfer. It's time Telkom got some decent deals that can compete with Cell C again.

TelkomUseless

Executive Member
I'm lucky to be able to get RAIN as well as Telkom, so good bye Telkom. I will never be conned again by Telkom with their grabbing customer deals like the 500gb night surfer and then dropping it with no replacement. I guess the clever execs have left Telkom leaving Telkom with dumb ass brainless ones which have plagued the company for years.
I was duped too. I still have ADSL with them ... waiting for fibre. Then FU and Cheers Telkom.

None of this makes sense. Only one of those measurement would have been affected by the night surfer. It's time Telkom got some decent deals that can compete with Cell C again.
I'm 100% sure they are using this as an excuse to can the 500gig night surfer with no replacement. And you know.. they do it to increase subs for stats, and then drop it. Next year rinse and repeat.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Luckily only reason I got a contract was for device and a bit, halfway through and then it's can them again. In the meanwhile Rain and co will keep me going with the odd Telkom usage when I need to use heavy peak data. Or I'll shift to fibre in a few months. Luckily contract is only R300/pm.

ronz91

Expert Member
how does heavy usage during night surfer hours affect congestion during peak hours???

Solarion

Honorary Master
There has been a significant improvement in the last several weeks. Last month I was all but tearing my hair out at 5000ms+ latency....