Fastest WordPress Hosting in South Africa

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
I totally agree with @SYNERGY

Also looking for a new hosting company.

I had it with 1-grid.

Looking at hostgator cloud anyone has any reviews on them.
Hi pepsipilot

Please have a look at our hosting options before moving your sites abroad

ru-son

While hosting is pretty darn important (I'm quite the advocate for it actually), the biggest issue really is that most web design companies do not know how to build fast sites or how to optimise those sites after they have been built.

Most are just slapped together from a theme found online (and if it's Elementor, fagetaboutit!!).

We actually act as the middleman here where we take your Wordpress website (no matter the theme or plugins or hosting) and we'll get your 95+ on Google's Page Speed tester.

We've got a free website speed test as well that you can use to check your scores and while you're at it, throw our site in there as well to see how we do.

I mean the proof is in the pudding.

Oh, to end off... you can have the fastest hosting in the world, but if your website isn't correctly optimised, it's about as useful as a hammer to someone without arms.

#justsayin.

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
Oh, to end off... you can have the fastest hosting in the world, but if your website isn't correctly optimised, it's about as useful as a hammer to someone without arms.

#justsayin.
Couldnt agree with you more. Page speeds are a combined effort between code and hardware and without the two you'll be chasing fast response times.

Last edited:

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
While hosting is pretty darn important (I'm quite the advocate for it actually), the biggest issue really is that most web design companies do not know how to build fast sites or how to optimise those sites after they have been built.

Most are just slapped together from a theme found online (and if it's Elementor, fagetaboutit!!).

We actually act as the middleman here where we take your Wordpress website (no matter the theme or plugins or hosting) and we'll get your 95+ on Google's Page Speed tester.

We've got a free website speed test as well that you can use to check your scores and while you're at it, throw our site in there as well to see how we do.

I mean the proof is in the pudding.

#justsayin.
While I agree with what you say, your site is not very well optimised at all.

Your Google peed score is 72

bba4ccfe3f597d71d9df5b90999d4c72.jpg

Your home page uses 7.2MB of resources using a 149 requests. Oof.

731abb5715cc594be3a7babd52c91515.jpg

Using a PNG instead of jpg

1aaf212cf5a5e0dc3579f9b010036155.jpg

Look at that CSS file. Wham, 1.8mb?

72cd645f3d3d50e4b9cdb171ed938510.jpg

You asked for it.

ru-son

Your site includes elementor JS files? Lol

Oh, you must be that guy... There's always one, right?

First of all, I never claimed we don't use Elementor (so save your LOL, please). I merely said that getting good scores on Elementor sites is hard for most and we're not doing badly. In fact, build me a site, in Elementor, with the same content and share your results, please.

Secondly, use Lighthouse online and not from your primitive internet connection, please.

"Your home page uses 7.2MB of resources using a 149 requests. Oof. "

Looks different my end.

Pingdom

1584457237517.png

GTMetrix

1584457257466.png

Webpage Speed Test

1584457271162.png

Google Page Speed

1584457286118.png

Lighthouse

1584457353657.png

"Using a PNG instead of jpg "

webp - WHAM!!

Now, admittedly the TTFD could be better... and there's always room for improvement.

The point of my initial post was to help people.

There are many site owners who need help and we, without a shadow of a doubt, do better than 90% of the "web designers" out there.

So if you need ACTUAL help with your sites, give us a try. We won't laugh at you or tell you how badly you're doing.

Instead, we'll fix it and make you smile.

Last edited:

Adenoid Hynkel

Expert Member
Oh, you must be that guy... There's always one, right?

Since you're the expert at things, let me just address a few things before addressing you.

First of all, I never claimed we don't use Elementor (so save your LOL, please). I merely said that getting good scores on Elementor sites is hard for most and we're not doing badly.
Why so defensive? Nowhere did I claim I am an expert. You came and said to throw your site into a speed test. I did and shared my results.
Apologies, I did interpret the elementor part wrongly. I take back my lol.

Do you work for nimbl, or are you the owner?

In fact, build me a site, in Elementor, with the same content and share your results, please.

No thanks, If I would use a page builder it would be Oxygen. Elementors default bloat out the box is 1.2MB

Secondly, use Lighthouse online and not from your primitive internet connection, please.

Nothing primitive about it. I ran the test again and get the same results over and over. I am unsure if this due to cloudflare, your webserver or that nitropack you are using, whatever that is. I can tell you my primitive connection is fast, 300x faster than the avg person on his mobile using 3g.
The score is one thing, actually understanding from where it is being tested another. Just alone that you are dismissing the actual coverage report I posted above where your CSS uses 1.8MB and your site actually only uses a fraction of it, shows me that you do not quite understand what you are talking about when it comes to optimisations.

"Using a PNG instead of jpg "

webp - WHAM!!

Your image was served as PNG and not webp when I pointed that out (the screenshot is still there). But kudos to you for serving it as webp now.

Now, admittedly the TTFD could be better... and there's always room for improvement. Unless of course you're this guy -> @bratwurst, but I digress.

Yes your TTFB could be lower. It sits at around 800ms+, again due to cloudlfare or your webhosts apache setup is not optimised or due to that nitropack. You host or run your own server?

The point of my initial post was to help people. Not to be a little keyboard warrior trying to prove a point.

There are many site owners who need help and we, without a shadow of a doubt, do better than 90% of the "web designers" out there.

Sure. Nothing wrong with the services you provide.
There are quite a few things you can do improve your TTFB and overall speed without using nitropacks. Seeing however that you are better than 90% of the rest out there, I'll keep my opinion and advice to myself going forward.

ru-son

Why so defensive? Nowhere did I claim I am an expert. You came and said to throw your site into a speed test. I did and shared my results.
Apologies, I did interpret the elementor part wrongly. I take back my lol.

Do you work for nimbl, or are you the owner?

No thanks, If I would use a page builder it would be Oxygen. Elementors default bloat out the box is 1.2MB

Nothing primitive about it. I ran the test again and get the same results over and over. I am unsure if this due to cloudflare, your webserver or that nitropack you are using, whatever that is. I can tell you my primitive connection is fast, 300x faster than the avg person on his mobile using 3g.
The score is one thing, actually understanding from where it is being tested another. Just alone that you are dismissing the actual coverage report I posted above where your CSS uses 1.8MB and your site actually only uses a fraction of it, shows me that you do not quite understand what you are talking about when it comes to optimisations.

Your image was served as PNG and not webp when I pointed that out (the screenshot is still there). But kudos to you for serving it as webp now.

Yes your TTFB could be lower. It sits at around 800ms+, again due to cloudlfare or your webhosts apache setup is not optimised or due to that nitropack. You host or run your own server?

Sure. Nothing wrong with the services you provide.
There are quite a few things you can do improve your TTFB and overall speed without using nitropacks. Seeing however that you are better than 90% of the rest out there, I'll keep my opinion and advice to myself going forward.

Thanks for your opinion. Nobody's perfect I guess...

Xman

OK, so what is the latest on the SA scene? I am trying to optimize a WP site and seem to get no-where. So, have to look at the host again. Did domains.co.za fall off the bus? I was very happy with them (a few years back!) but I am getting 'hond se gedagtes'!

Vander Host

My brother Storm and I have a great hosting company where we use Litespeed cache which greatly accelerates WordPress. If you use the coupon TRYME it's free for a month. Or call me if you want to discuss.

warm regards,
Eugene
+27 82 309-6710

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Company Rep
OK, so what is the latest on the SA scene? I am trying to optimize a WP site and seem to get no-where. So, have to look at the host again. Did domains.co.za fall off the bus? I was very happy with them (a few years back!) but I am getting 'hond se gedagtes'!
We’ve just completed an upgrade on our DirectAdmin server which increases cpu performance by almost 100%
Our DA server is equipped with CloudLinux + LiteSpeed Enterprise.

Alternatively, we’re busy setting up a new DirectAdmin host which will be substantially faster than the current so if you can wait a week or two then please check in then.
I’ll update this thread as soon as the new host is live

Xman

Just want to say thank you Domains. Kevin is my old contact there that I lost and I am sure we will sort this out!

Xman

So, I am a happy chappie. Kevin sorted me out. Thanks, server.jpg Domains!