Father and son in KZN Midlands double plane crash

Little Mac

Honorary Master

A man is fighting for his life in hospital after a two seater-savage aircraft he was in, hit an Eskom power line and caught fire in Rietvlei near Greytown on Wednesday.

While the father was being transported in his son’s aircraft to hospital, this plane also crashed.

According to police sources, the injured man and his son were flying in separate savage aircrafts when the father’s plane hit the power line and caught fire.

Sources revealed that the man sustained third-degree burns to his body.

“They were both flying around, and the son was following him. Upon seeing his father’s aircraft hitting the power line, he flew for about a kilometre before he landed on the ground.

“He then requested help from the driver of a tractor who was nearby the scene.

“They used the son’s aircraft to try and transport him to hospital, unfortunately his plane also crashed.

“Emergency services were called and the injured man was transported to a nearby hospital in a critical condition. The son was not hurt.”

The names of the two people involved in this crash have not been released at this stage.

This is a developing story.

cn@

Expert Member
I don't have a clue what happened. Would someone please explain it to me in simple American English.

ponder

Honorary Master
I don't have a clue what happened. Would someone please explain it to me in simple American English.

Two planes in the sky, one piloted by father and other by son. Fathers plane hits Eskom line an crashes, son lands and transports father to hospital I assume, son crashes his plane with both him and his father onboard.

EDIT: From avcom,
I don't want to drop too many bombs of hearsay, but this is what I was told.

Pilot was exploring venues for tourists. Crashed through power lines while attempting to land on a river bed.

Son landed okay and pulled his father out of the now burning plane.

With father on board, son was taking off but hit a rock and collapsed the gear.

Son still in ICU.

So developing story needing more facts...