Faulty Huawei P30 Pro purchased from Ballito Telkom

China_Export

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well during the lockdown!

I am deeply disappointed right now! I managed to get a Huawei P30 Pro on contract with Telkom Mobile at R649 PM x 24 months.

On day 2 of use, i noticed a rattle whenever i tappe the top right of the front screen which is not consistent with other parts of the screen. I then managed to tap out the whole phone and noticed this noise is also prominent when tapping the phone on the back near the camera with my fingers.

Now that I noticed it, it is quite difficult to not notice it while using the phone.

Since today is day 5 of me having the phone, I went back to the Telkom Store at Ballito Junction Mall. I was met by what seems to be the store manager for today, he told me that I must take my phone to Huawei and that they cant do much at Telkom. It will take 21 WORKING days to assess my phone because they have to send it to their own technicians etc. They said, the 7 day OBF really doesnt mean anything. It's the same as the HUAWEI warranty.

They said the only time they will do a direct swap of the phone is if it is not working or has a noticeable defect. The rattling sound on my phone was noted by the manager but he said there is a silver line with these things and that only an assessment will sort it out.

I was also told that there will be no loan device given to me during this time.

I just want to find out from all those who are knowledgeable with this situation, is this the only way for me to solve the problem?

I still have tomorrow and Tuesday before my 7 day OBF runs out!

Please help me! I had no idea it would be like this! I also understand the managers perspective. Thanks

Syphonx

Expert Member
Is the rattling from camera side of the phone? If it is its likely the OIS of the camera, whether its an actual issue I can't say.

China_Export

How can I tell if it's an issue or not?

Anyone familiar with how the Telkom 7 day OBF policy work?

Should I submit it to Telkom or rather just take it to Huawei directly?

Also, Telkom doesn't offer loan devices so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

marioat1

Expert Member
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well during the lockdown!

I am deeply disappointed right now! I managed to get a Huawei P30 Pro on contract with Telkom Mobile at R649 PM x 24 months.

On day 2 of use, i noticed a rattle whenever i tappe the top right of the front screen which is not consistent with other parts of the screen. I then managed to tap out the whole phone and noticed this noise is also prominent when tapping the phone on the back near the camera with my fingers.

Now that I noticed it, it is quite difficult to not notice it while using the phone.

Since today is day 5 of me having the phone, I went back to the Telkom Store at Ballito Junction Mall. I was met by what seems to be the store manager for today, he told me that I must take my phone to Huawei and that they cant do much at Telkom. It will take 21 WORKING days to assess my phone because they have to send it to their own technicians etc. They said, the 7 day OBF really doesnt mean anything. It's the same as the HUAWEI warranty.

They said the only time they will do a direct swap of the phone is if it is not working or has a noticeable defect. The rattling sound on my phone was noted by the manager but he said there is a silver line with these things and that only an assessment will sort it out.

I was also told that there will be no loan device given to me during this time.

I just want to find out from all those who are knowledgeable with this situation, is this the only way for me to solve the problem?

I still have tomorrow and Tuesday before my 7 day OBF runs out!

Please help me! I had no idea it would be like this! I also understand the managers perspective. Thanks
Does the phone function correctly?

Does the camera zoom function work correctly?

Go to the Hauwei store asap else you've only got yourself to blame for obf expiry.

R_D_V

I owned a Huawei for years and recently upgraded to a newfangled Samsung with a triple camera. Both have a rattle coming from the camera area when tapped or shaken. Only really started noticing it when I started playing that Vodacom Shake Up Summer competition that requires you to shake your device to unlock the "prize".

I don't think there's anything wrong with your phone other than the fact that it's a Huawei. I went from a Samsung to a Huawei and hated almost every second of the experience. Going back to Samsung has been a breath of fresh air.

China_Export

Does the phone function correctly?

Does the camera zoom function work correctly?

Go to the Hauwei store asap else you've only got yourself to blame for obf expiry.
OBF expires tomorrow. I bought the phone last week Wednesday. The question is should I take it back to Telkom or go directly to Huawei?

China_Export

I owned a Huawei for years and recently upgraded to a newfangled Samsung with a triple camera. Both have a rattle coming from the camera area when tapped or shaken. Only really started noticing it when I started playing that Vodacom Shake Up Summer competition that requires you to shake your device to unlock the "prize".

I don't think there's anything wrong with your phone other than the fact that it's a Huawei. I went from a Samsung to a Huawei and hated almost every second of the experience. Going back to Samsung has been a breath of fresh air.
I had the option of an S10 + or P30 Pro, went with Huawei since I'm used to the interface and had the P30 Pro previously.

Maybe I should have went with the S10+!

Craig

Honorary Master

I'm on my fourth Huawei, wife is on her 2nd, not a rattle coming from any of them. Or maybe on the old ones I just didn't notice. The new one I got two weeks ago, I shook that, not rattling.