Fear of Wi-Fi, cellular radiation leads to divorce

Ghost29

This is actually quite sad. She evidently has underlying mental issues which need to be treated. Mental health has enough stigma as it is. Let's not ridicule the ill.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
There's actually a longer article here:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2014/10/27/tinfoil-ends-wedded-bliss

What a whack job.

The 44-year-old wife this week confirmed that she had been diagnosed with "electromagnetic hyper-sensitivity" and claimed her husband was trying to use her condition to his advantage.

By Whom? Proffessor Muwambo who works out of a Taxi Rank. He could book her in for a consultation just after treating a man for a lost lover and a very puzzling lottery case.

Viva

Expert Member
Conduct a simple test: drive to a Karoo farm in the middle of nowhere (eliminate all external radiation) and then conduct a test where the woman needs to simply state whether a mifi modem is on or off. Heck, make the test double blind. I'm sure she'll fail miserably.

It is called Nocebo

deweyzeph

Executive Member
I feel for the husband and for the child. I've got a friend who's gone through a divorce due to a wife with a mental illness and it's heartbreaking for everyone involved. There's a lot of guilt on the husband's side for abandoning his wife but after suffering through years of mental illness and with no end in sight he really had no choice.

JimM

Expert Member
Look on the bright side, she never caused his internet connection to slow down! ;)

The woman obviously has a (non-RF) screw loose!!

ngwenyas

Very sad but the headline is slightly funny... to be honest, i was rolling on the floor when reading what she did to her daughter :D:D:D

j4ck455

Executive Member
The husband's lawyer, Caroline Dichmont, said her client had obtained a protection order against his wife after she allegedly gave him a black eye and damaged his ear.

Did she throwed him with a cellphone?

Sounds like Tracey moved down to CPT....

If that's the case, she would have done it to go all crazy stalker on Jannie.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I pity people like this... they obviously have some kind of untreated mental illness.

Fingolfin

Divorce? Ain't seen nothing yet.
Wait until the policy documents (never mind the headlines) read "Fear of Wi-fi/cellular radiation leads to extradition".

s Anyway, only a lunatic would be afraid of the possibilities of wi-fi signals /s

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...ll-movement-and-heartbeat-detection-with-wifi

https://gigaom.com/2014/06/13/mit-can-now-track-a-heart-rate-through-a-wall-with-wi-fi-signals/

http://www.medgadget.com/2014/06/mi...-breathing-heart-rate-even-through-walls.html

garyc

Expert Member
The 44-year-old wife this week confirmed that she had been diagnosed with "electromagnetic hyper-sensitivity"

It would be interesting to see which doctor came to this conclusion since there are no criteria for the diagnosis (not a recognized condition).

Also, maybe someone should tell her that all her tinfoil will work a lot better if it is grounded. That should keep her tied to the spot.

CraZee

She should also have her eyes removed since light itself is an electromagnetic wave.
It must be very painful for her to open her eyes and see everyday.

LOM

Honorary Master
I smell a red herring. He's divorcing her because he wants to. Unrelated to the electromagnetic thing.

kianm

Honorary Master
She should be fun to work with.......not. Has she also asked her boss to remove wifi from the office so that the employees will live longer

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I saw a documentary once on two women who live in a cave because of "hypersensitivity"