Federal agents likely permanently blinded by Portland protesters’ lasers, White House says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorastra

Executive Member
“A federal agent’s hand was impaled by planted nails, another federal agent was shot with a pellet gun, leaving a wound deep to the bone, and tragically, three federal officers were likely left permanently blinded by the rioters using lasers pointed directly into their eyes,” White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters Friday.

Brenden_E

Executive Member

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
This is an impressive - even Trumpian - leap of logic. Well done.
OP: “Federal agents likely permanently blinded by Portland protesters’ lasers, White House says: A federal agent’s hand was impaled by planted nails, another federal agent was shot with a pellet gun, leaving a wound deep to the bone, and tragically, three federal officers were likely left permanently blinded by the rioters using lasers pointed directly into their eyes,” White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany told reporters Friday.

ghoti: Poor Ice-holes and a my heart bleeds type meme

Not a huge leap - even you could make it if you put some thought into it.

copacetic

King of the Hippies
I used to consider myself fairly left wing, until the freaks came out. When did they become so unhinged o_O

Why does anyone feel the need to personally identify with a political spectrum of any kind, really? I don't understand it. To me it's an after-the-fact thing; I'd no doubt be viewed as leaning to the left, but it doesn't define my thoughts and actions, it just externally places me into a category.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
Why does anyone feel the need to personally identify with a political spectrum of any kind, really? I don't understand it. To me it's an after-the-fact thing; I'd no doubt be viewed as leaning to the left, but it doesn't define my thoughts and actions, it just externally places me into a category.
In the words of Malcolm Gladwell, you are an outlier (highly recommend the book if you haven't read it). Identifying with a political spectrum makes people feel like they are part of a tribe, it gives them identity and purpose.

Thinking about it, it's a pretty depressing reflection of modern society. People lack self-actualization and purpose and will cling to anything that remotely resembles it.

Captain Beer

Executive Member

Luckily I snapped out of it I guess. Getting pigeonholed is never fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.