Fedgroup - Impact Farming Investment

mr_norris

Expert Member
Just remember, blueberries ramp up significantly in later years whereas panels are more consistent.

Thanks, that does make a lot of sense. When I got the first blueberry payment I felt quite disappointed - but now that I see it going up, no regrets.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Of all my investments, this is doing the best percentage wise.

But I only have R1k or so in it :(

In hindsight, I should have bought tons

mr_norris

Expert Member
Has anyone received solar revenue for March?

In the latest statement, they warn of a drop, which is understandable. Looks like the amount invoiced was R190 vs the R500 odd the month before. RIP.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
They're useless when it comes to admin. I've logged a query/instruction twice. First time it was acknowledged and nothing came if it, the second was just ignored.

mr_norris

Expert Member
Fedgroup doesn't have stock of anything ?
They have solar panels. But they haven't paid out since March for me (I think) so I wouldn't rush into it. Blueberries were probably bought up, or they killed it because of distribution issues with corona.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
They have solar panels. But they haven't paid out since March for me (I think) so I wouldn't rush into it. Blueberries were probably bought up, or they killed it because of distribution issues with corona.
I bought 2 more bushes earlier this month? Was around 950 available, no hives and a few panels.

McT

The Humble Scot!
So it is ok to buy a bush or two at a time? There's no hassle with that sort of regular purchase?

Rather than a big purchase every so often, I would like to buy what I can, when I can.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
So it is ok to buy a bush or two at a time? There's no hassle with that sort of regular purchase?

Rather than a big purchase every so often, I would like to buy what I can, when I can.
Nope. I like the idea of staggered and hopefully it will become self sustaining at some point ie: the returns buy a bush or two and bank the balance.

Just keep in mind, there is no ability to disinvest early, so only put in what you can afford to lock away longterm.

Reactions: McT

ld13

Honorary Master
Did you guys with solar panels get the mail from Fedgroup? I see legislation changed which explains why we haven't been getting solar panel revenue. A bit frustrated, but it is what it is.

Mind sharing?

mr_norris

Expert Member
Mind sharing?

Hi mr_norris

The site where you purchased your panel is live, producing energy and generating monthly returns for you. The latest income has not yet been paid into your Fedgroup Wallet, but is reflected as due to you on your income statement.

The reason for this is that the national energy regulator (NERSA) has changed its processes and now require us to apply to them for approval before the generated energy is sold.

We have complied with all their requests and all paperwork was submitted timeously. NERSA has responded to confirm that all our sites have been approved, but we cannot proceed with further pay-outs until we receive the formal letter and registration certificate from them.

We are in regular contact with the regulator and we are doing everything in our power to expedite the last requirement in the process, after which the income generated by your panels will reflect in your Fedgroup Wallet.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Regards
The Fedgroup Team

isie

Honorary Master
See they also noted other assets returns may be affected due to lockdown
and some new Asset to be launched soon - wonder what it will be

Diabolix

Bought 3 blue berry bushes in the last week of October, and looking to add more this month in conjunction with a solar panel.

Any idea if they will be running a black friday special again?

mr_norris

Expert Member
I'm sure they will, but it'll be quite costly if it's anything like last years one.

Crossing_Swords

I was looking through the app and the offerings, and something doesn't make sense to me.
If someone can explain, that would be awesome.

Let's use the Blueberries for example.
R300 of which you get an average of 12% per annum return for 8 years.
12% of 300 = 36
36 x 8 = 288.

So, on your R300 investment, you get R288 back, and you lost the R300. So, you lose R12 in the end?
I'm probably being a dummy here somewhere, so any help would be great!

neoprema

Expert Member
Speaking of which, does anyone know when Fedgroup is doing Blueberry payments? I've had nothing show up on my app since March.