Fedgroup - Impact Farming Investment

Snyper564

Expert Member
That's what I was going to ask actually.

So I see I can sell the asset now, but as soon as it gets to the end of life (8/10/20)... Your initial contribution disappears?

I put in R50k right now and can sell it anytime to end of life (though, I'm sure buy is very low)... It's gone?
So uncomfortable.... You ask that after you put 50k in?

Dolby

Honorary Master
So uncomfortable.... You ask that after you put 50k in?
No!

I only bought two bushes ... and reason was to gain access to the app and understand more about the system. A combination of hands-on, reviews and asking other peoples input is the best way top learn something, IMO (but I wouldn't learn with R50,000 ...)

EDIT : There was supposed an 'ie' before that sentence of the R50,000 ...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
The guys with the panel... Monthly payout?
I doubt that...but if it is then it's actually worth it.

If that is yearly, you won't even make your money back on the solar panels before they are destroyed after 20 years.

Edit:

I see they predict 8% p.a. on 1 solar unit and with 10+ units...14% - 32% p.a.

Solar is obviously the way to go thanks to Eskom.

Snyper564

Expert Member
No!

I only bought two bushes ... and reason was to gain access to the app and understand more about the system. A combination of hands-on, reviews and asking other peoples input is the best way top learn something, IMO (but I wouldn't learn with R50,000 ...)

EDIT : There was supposed an 'ie' before that sentence of the R50,000 ...
No worries then hehe

Kosmik

Honorary Master
The IRR calculation takes into account that the asset is worth nothing at the end of life.
That for the guys who are asking. So while returns look high, keep in mind the recoupment. For example a blue berry bush should make around R580 - R820 in its life so subtract the initial investment and that is your true income which works out at the rate they are assuming. Keep in mind, whereas cash investment get interest, this investment is very tightly linked to inflation and demand so it should be a better return. I don't mind "throwing" away the odd bit of money and I like the concept, will probably grow the portfolio over time.

I think you can also deduct the cost of the asset for tax purposes in the year of purchase. That would also influence returns.

Snyper564

Expert Member
This actually looks quite interesting. I haven't had a chance to look at it properly but from a tax perspective if this isn't Divivideds or interest and is treated as income in its purest form the income would be taxed in full. The treatment of the berries or solar is more interesting though would it be treated as an expense for example section 11a or would it be an asset section 11e can't remember if solar had its own treatment. But are you the owner? As that would also impact if you are able to claim that allowance. Hell you might even bring in some of the stranger tax implication for farming tax if the bushes are seen as a plantation for example. This is definitely something to seriously consider as tax could have a serious impact on thie.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
You never used my code!
I saw you mention a code...didn't know why.

You should have been a bit more specific as in: "If you buy, insert my code somewhere so I can benefit" or something to that effect. Would definitely have done it....

Dolby

Honorary Master
I saw you mention a code...didn't know why.

You should have been a bit more specific as in: "If you buy, insert my code somewhere so I can benefit" or something to that effect. Would definitely have done it....
No stress ;)

I just wanted to word it carefully and not harp on a referal code , so people didn't think ponzi scheme ;)

But if anyone else tries it from reading this thread, please use my referral code 00WLGTW.

Let us know when you get your first payment. The way 6 to 8 weeks, and then from the thread R35 to R50 a month

Snyper564

Expert Member

MightyQuin

Honorary Master