Fedgroup - Impact Farming Investment

schuits

Expert Member
I'd rather just sign up with ThymeBank and get a guaranteed 10% after a shortish period.
Since I still have a home loan and car loan though, any form of savings doesn't make sense to me.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Just wondering those that bought solar panels, how is it going so far? Guessing 1 or 2 payments by now?

I see you can't buy honey or solar anymore :/

I also made a rookie error by buying the bushes when I did (April) , as harvest is only Q4... So they are going to sit 8 months or so before any funds reflect . At least funds sitting in my wallet are attracting interest.

PS : Oh and those that used my code (00WLGTW) when signing up - thanks :)

Hamster

Resident Rodent
New solar panels aren't active yet. Delayed by three months, so they have decided to pay 5% pa interest on the solar panel's cost every month until it goes live.

EDIT: Meaning R20.84 pm

HunterNW

Executive Member
I enjoy telling people I have a farm... Now I'm going to throw the word 'plantation' around too
I'm sharing your farm with two bushes. Will post pics sometime of a blueberry farm in Tzaneen i visited earlier this year. Took pics with my drone. Then you can use it to brag :ROFL:

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
New solar panels aren't active yet. Delayed by three months, so they have decided to pay 5% pa interest on the solar panel's cost every month until it goes live.

Link please if any?

Cannot find this anywhere...on app or site?

Dolby

Honorary Master

Ah thanks for that ... maybe that's why they can't be bought either

Dolby

Honorary Master
I'm sharing your farm with two bushes. Will post pics sometime of a blueberry farm in Tzaneen i visited earlier this year. Took pics with my drone. Then you can use it to brag :ROFL:
Ha! Nice!

Joint farmers on the same land ...

Dolby

Honorary Master
More likely that there aren't any left.
That's what I thought initially - but if there is a delay on panels bought, they may have prematurely halted them too?

Wasn't there an issue with solar certificates or something at one point ?

Dimeon

Hi everyone. I am the Content Manager at Fedgroup, so I obviously have some vested interest here. However, I also really believe in the product and currently own three solar panels, one beehive and 16 blueberry bushes. I see a number of questions here that I would like to answer, just to give some clarity. Please also feel free to ask me anything.

HunterNW

Executive Member
Hi everyone. I am the Content Manager at Fedgroup, so I obviously have some vested interest here. However, I also really believe in the product and currently own three solar panels, one beehive and 16 blueberry bushes. I see a number of questions here that I would like to answer, just to give some clarity. Please also feel free to ask me anything.
Thanks. Go ahead please.

Dimeon

I heard you also get some wear and tear tax allowance. Anyone got any ideas how that works.
That is correct. As they are income-generating assets you can write off the full purchase amount against tax in the first year that your assets start to produce an income. I first purchased assets in the 2018 financial year and SARS asked me to submit a number of supporting documents to get my money back. This year, it was paid back without any request for supporting documents, so it seems that they are more familiar with our product now. Either way, Fedgroup sends you a tax pack at the start of each individual tax season to help you claim your benefit.

Dimeon

That's what I was going to ask actually.

So I see I can sell the asset now, but as soon as it gets to the end of life (8/10/20)... Your initial contribution disappears?

ie I put in R50k right now and can sell it anytime to end of life (though, I'm sure buy is very low)... but at EOL, it's gone?
This is correct. This is why we use internal rate of return (IRR) to make a projection on your returns. This is the money you earn after your asset has paid for itself. For instance, if you make roughly R600 throughout the lifetime of your blueberry bush, but you paid R300 for it, your profits are R300. This gives you the 12% to 14% p.a. you stand to earn from your blueberry bush.