Fedhealth or Discovery Medical aid

marhsava

So I am thinking about changing from discovery to fedhealth, fedhealth seems much more cheaper and offer better benefits then discovery.

Any one had experience with fedhealth? , Are they good or bad , or is there anything better discovery cause they seem to expensive now.

P.S. really don't care about the rewards program like vitality.

beefymoocow

I saw go for it. It worka well if you have pps. You get good cash bank once you retire.
So I am thinking about changing from discovery to fedhealth, fedhealth seems much more cheaper and offer better benefits then discovery.

Any one had experience with fedhealth? , Are they good or bad , or is there anything better discovery cause they seem to expensive now.

wtg

Fedhealth is ok. Was definitely a step up from Discovery for my family.
The only disadvantage would be the tech - they certainly are a bit backward in terms of their online platform. Otherwise all is well - you get what you expect

marhsava

Fedhealth is ok. Was definitely a step up from Discovery for my family.
The only disadvantage would be the tech - they certainly are a bit backward in terms of their online platform. Otherwise all is well - you get what you expect
Was reading some hello Peter reviews , they seem to have a problem when it comes to claiming , that worries me

wtg

Was reading some hello Peter reviews , they seem to have a problem when it comes to claiming , that worries me
You will get that will every medical aid - some people do not properly understand the offerings and expect to be covered and paid for everything.
Recently claimed for a birth - no hassles at all.

One thing I do recommend is gap cover.

Nate3268

Fedhealth.

Werfetter

I moved fro Fedhealth to Discovery. Every so often I got a bill from Fedhealth randomly for stuff they just decided not to cover. Went for surgery (cancer scare) and they left me with enough bills to question why I even bothered having medical aid... Discovery havent caught me off guard yet. This is only my personal experience. You have to figure out what works best for you

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Discovery hospital seems fine, never had issues. But day to day can be a nightmare as well as chronic, chosen to go the CLASSIC SMART route where I pretty much save on premiums and cover out my own pocket anywhere, working for us.

marhsava

I moved fro Fedhealth to Discovery. Every so often I got a bill from Fedhealth randomly for stuff they just decided not to cover. Went for surgery (cancer scare) and they left me with enough bills to question why I even bothered having medical aid... Discovery havent caught me off guard yet. This is only my personal experience. You have to figure out what works best for you
This worries me

marhsava

Discovery hospital seems fine, never had issues. But day to day can be a nightmare as well as chronic, chosen to go the CLASSIC SMART route where I pretty much save on premiums and cover out my own pocket anywhere, working for us.
Yeah the day to day is crap

Nithan15

Expert Member
Been on Bonitas Bonsave option for the past 10 years never had any issues at all, but then again I work in the industry and know what needs to be covered from which benefit and how a claims needs to be submitted to pay from the right benefit.

Migrant

Just FYI - I spoke recently to the person who manages medical authorisations at one of the major clinics in Johannesburg and she told me that Discovery beats ever other medical scheme hands down when it comes to payments for cancer treatment.