Fiancée swallows engagement ring after boyfriend hid it in milkshake

mercurial

MyBB Legend
As proposals go it was certainly memorable - but for all the wrong reasons.

Romantic Reed Harris placed his girlfriend's engagement ring in a milkshake
and planned to film her delight when she found it.

Unfortunately, Kaitlin Whipple, 20, managed to swallow the diamond band whole as she raced friends to finish their dessert at a Wendy's diner.
Full story

Last edited:

medicnick83

Paramedic
Well that plan was just a complete bugger up... hahahaha.

At least, it'll make for a funny story 20 years down the line.

Veroland

Executive Member
Who the hell proposes over milkshake anyway, it should be red wine at the very least

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Dweeb! But I suppose the fact that he took her to a Wendy's speaks for itself :D

Sly21C

Expert Member
I wouldn't say stupid, both on his part and her part. I'm sure the guy thought she was gonna use maybe a straw to drink her milkshake and she ended up drinking it without one. But they definitely have a very good story to tell their one ones and friends after a few years time......

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
'It arrived this morning and I have never been so excited about my bodily functions,' Miss Whipple, who is a student, wrote on her blog.
:eek: ROFL:D

Last edited:

alisiaoh

How big is her freakin throat??? even if the ring was small something like that would definitely have been felt..... (Moral of the story - USE YOUR STRAW!!!)

Oh BTW, my sisters fiancee proposed to her over milkshake - also put the ring in the milkshake.....and i thought it was cute when i heard, definitely not how i would like to get asked but its the thought that counts!

werries2

Expert Member
managed to swallow the diamond band whole as she raced friends to finish their dessert at a Wendy's diner
As if the Wendy's dinner were not bad enough, she were there with friends as well. Can't imagine the romantic atmosphere in such a place with friends and then having the need to put the ring in her milkshake...

guest2013-1

Okay, for all GUYS out there preparing to propose to her infront of her friends in a mediocare-romantic way.

The reason an engagement ring is placed in champagne or (for the real cheap out there not willing to shell out for the big moment) white wine is because the liquid is clean. You can see it almost immediately *if* you're paying attention, and even if you're not. Wine & Champagne is meant to be sipped. Not slugged down in a race to the finish to get drunk.

I don't make the rules, millenia of men proposing to their girlfriends have learned these basic things. If you pay a lot for an engagement ring, you want a romantic relaxed atmosphere so she won't try to get slamming drunk (on sugar or alchohol) with her buddies leaving you in the lurch and out of pocket at the end of the night.

ffs

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
The reason an engagement ring is placed in champagne or (for the real cheap out there not willing to shell out for the big moment) white wine is because the liquid is clean. You can see it almost immediately *if* you're paying attention, and even if you're not. Wine & Champagne is meant to be sipped. Not slugged down in a race to the finish to get drunk.
Another reason is that she can see it's not a fake diamond because the drops doesn't stick to the stone. :confused: (heard this somewhere)