Fiber/internet options in Paarl

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
We see that your area has gone Fibre live but the underlying infrastructure provider in your suburb has not been able to action the installation request.

This could be for several reasons, including:

• Your body corporate or landowner has not given permission to install Fibre in the building
  • An infrastructure provider who Webafrica does not partner with has won the mandate to supply Fibre to your building
  • The rollout of Fibre to your part of the suburb has been heavily delayed (i.e. physical obstructions, delayed wayleave approvals, etc.)
Bloody municipality is grinding my gears.

Last edited:

A3@MBB

Got notice now that Telkom will terminate ADSL in my area and offers SmartBroadband wireless LTE uncapped for R599 x24 with free router, or R599 month to month without router.
From their website the R599 package is uncapped during Business hours only!

The salesperson cant answer why Telkom would terminate a working solution in this instance.

The cynic in me believe that they want to catch as many as possible people into a 24 month contract before they roll out fibre in my area...

Anyone on here that got the same feeling or experience or can I put away my tinfoil hat for now?

A3@MBB

This was never mentioned during our telephonic conversation.

"The SmartBroadband Wireless Uncapped Business Hours product will provide service strictly between Midnight – 5:00 pm 7 days per week. The service will not operate from 5:01pm to 23:59:59am, the LTE/LTE-A Once-Off data bundles can be purchased to access service beyond the standard times of operation. LTE/LTE-A Once-Off bundles purchased to provide service and be utilized from 5:01pm to 23:59:59 am to allow internet access."

Occido

Hi all! Does anyone have an idea when they might reach Lemoenkloof with roll-out? I notice that a large number of houses in our area already have they're fibre box fitted outside, but depressingly enough if you open one of them it's as empty as my hopes at this stage...

Nightfire

Hi all! Does anyone have an idea when they might reach Lemoenkloof with roll-out? I notice that a large number of houses in our area already have they're fibre box fitted outside, but depressingly enough if you open one of them it's as empty as my hopes at this stage...
I'm also waiting on the edge of my seat. iBits sent me this:

Last edited:

Nightfire

Update on Paarl/Lemoenkloof area - seems like fibre roll-out has finally begun in earnest.
20200302_183424.jpg 20200304_165028_HDR.jpg

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Lol good luck been delayed since July last year. Next ETA is the end of this month but not holding my breath.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Installation scheduled for Monday. Took a year almost told them to shove it but decided against it.

I've been browsing this forum as a guest for a while. I live in Paarl and would periodically check back now and again to see if there has been any progress with trenching.

I recently saw that trenching around the Klein Parys area heading toward Amstelhof. They also seemed to be digging up Klein Drakenstein also in the direction of Amstelhof

Could someone here confirm if that is indeed fiber trenching or am I getting my hopes up for nothing?

Doges

Bertville in Paarl is live. Lighstruck now working on the next phase Lemoenkloof rollout. They started at the Northern Paarl end (Busy between Groenleegte and Optenhorst street.), and will then move to the Lemoenkloof end (Next to Bertville). According to Lightstruck this area should be live by 15 Desember 2020.

Doges

Lemoenkloof is live, installations will begin shortly!

klipdrifter

Hi everyone.

Waking up a ghost thread.

I recently (yesterday) moved to Paarl and see there is a fibre connection at the corner of the flat, but have no idea who the fibre provider is.

It's located in Optenhorst Mews, Optenhorst Street.

Anyone know who the supplier is?

I've tried asking the neighborhood but they all are on some sort of wireless connection (dish installation).

Thanks