Fibre available - who to go with?

MSB

Hi - they are busy installing fibre at my apartment building in Three Anchor Bay.

Octotel is doing the installation.

Any recommendations on what ISP currently has the best deal.

I currently have my adsl line and a 200GB capped account with Mweb. I have read about them having a 1 month cancellation policy. They I read a suggestion on downgrading to a small capped account during this notice period.

Would appreciate any advice on the above. I am generally happy with Mwebs connection performance, but hate trying to get through to their customer service dept, so would def consider a move.

MSB

yeah, but looking at the thread on them.

Logging into mweb account, i see that if i request cancellation, it is only effective on 01-Jun-2017 :(

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Hi - they are busy installing fibre at my apartment building in Three Anchor Bay.

Octotel is doing the installation.

Any recommendations on what ISP currently has the best deal.

I currently have my adsl line and a 200GB capped account with Mweb. I have read about them having a 1 month cancellation policy. They I read a suggestion on downgrading to a small capped account during this notice period.

Would appreciate any advice on the above. I am generally happy with Mwebs connection performance, but hate trying to get through to their customer service dept, so would def consider a move.
Cool Ideas.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
yeah, but looking at the thread on them.

Logging into mweb account, i see that if i request cancellation, it is only effective on 01-Jun-2017 :(
Check your Terms and Conditions on your signup, try find out what the reason for the 2 months notice is, might be a calendar notice requirement.

DERoestorf

Check your Terms and Conditions on your signup, try find out what the reason for the 2 months notice is, might be a calendar notice requirement.
Yip, MWEB does calendar month notice periods, which is so outdated.

MSB

Been with them since 2010. I think that they have always required a calendar months notice. Should have done this end of March!

rawoke

Well from my experience, there are a few to avoid ! WebAfrica has been horrible to install.
Can recommend ANYONE except them !

MSB

Yip, MWEB does calendar month notice periods, which is so outdated.
I'm thinking i should just download to a 2mb line and see if I can cancel the ADSL part of my mweb account with immediate effect. That way i wont be paying them too much until June.

MSB

Hi - looking at your site, it says "no connection fees". Does that mean no installation fee.
I would be with Octotel.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi - looking at your site, it says "no connection fees". Does that mean no installation fee.
I would be with Octotel.
Yeap with Octotel that is correct, their line installation fee and connection fee is one in the same that we cover.

coop

I'd also suggest Cool Ideas. I've been with them for just over 2 months now and the only downtime I've had was due to a power outage courtesy of city power.