Fibre company with closed access to other ISP's - is it possible/legal ?

surface

Expert Member
There is a fibre company that apparently doesn't allow other ISP's on their fibre network.

Is this possible? If possible, is it legal?

EADC

Expert Member
There is a fibre company that apparently doesn't allow other ISP's on their fibre network.

Is this possible? If possible, is it legal?
Is there a law that you have to be open access?

Which company is it?

surface

Expert Member
Is there a law that you have to be open access?
Which company is it?
I am not sure about legal aspect hence asking. Most of them have 3-month closed access but I have never heard of Fibre company that will close it completely to other ISP's.

I have queried with that company as their rep mentioned this policy on phone. I will definitely post the name once I get a written reply from that company.

EADC

Expert Member
I am not sure about legal aspect hence asking. Most of them have 3-month closed access but I have never heard of Fibre company that will close it completely to other ISP's.

I have queried with that company as their rep mentioned this policy on phone. I will definitely post the name once I get a written reply from that company.
Metrofibre? Yeah they say to stabalise build but to be honest it goes by quick and they are open access after that period. I know other ISP's hate it because people will just get lazy and keep using them I did.

surface

Expert Member
Metrofibre? Yeah they say to stabalise build but to be honest it goes by quick and they are open access after that period. I know other ISP's hate it because people will just get lazy and keep using them I did.
yip - MF.