Fibre in Ramsgate

Rayne

March 15th was the last I saw them in Tweni.

They did Sea Park before they came here and that's not live yet so...

Maybe guys further down can comment if they see something happening.

ronnie_94

Last thing I saw last week in Margate near Hibiscus Mall was contractors I am guessing, giving out a paper saying they are installing fibre and they were measuring down everyone's wall/fence.

beebee123

Last thing I saw last week in Margate near Hibiscus Mall was contractors I am guessing, giving out a paper saying they are installing fibre and they were measuring down everyone's wall/fence.
Saw them trenching commercial road umtweni next to bottle store monday

BSZ

Feel free to sign up with us. Enquiry form available at www.bsz.co.za/ftth
Business Fibre is live and Home Fibre is work in progress. Sign ups are open so your installation can get done as soon as the area is live.
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 7.32.33 AM.jpeg

ronnie_94

Not sure what has happened with Tweni and Sea Park but both have gone back to planned no eta.

Rayne

I don't know.

They and the municipality were busy in my road again Monday. Frogfoot guys wear the yellow jackets and municipality blue uniforms. Seemed to me that the municipality just made them clean up properly because they were giving them orders. I went to ask and they said they are just cleaning. When I asked if the lines are in here they said yes. Besides that guys in the street knows as much as we do because they are temps sourced from **** knows where.

Rayne

Ouch, that long? I thought the hard work is already done?

Tweni's also saying 6/30.

Would still like to know why they changed their map from WIP yellow to Planned red though.

Crumbl0x

There's trenching by and around my street in Shelly Beach today, I think they've sorted the agreement out now.

EnT@nGleD

Anybody got any updates? Which company is installing fibre in Hibiscus Road Area and Margate Primary School? It is not listed on Frogfoots website....

Rayne

No idea. Nothing happening Tweni side yet. Just patiently waiting for the end of June to see if we go live.

Had Vodacom here in Tweni last week Friday handing out their stuff looking for sign-ups. Told them I'm not interest.

EnT@nGleD

Yeah think there are 3 companies installing at the moment:-

1) Frogfoot
2) Vodacom
3) Openserve

Home: Would be happy with 1 and 3 but work has gone dead. Trenches have been open for more than a month but no movement. I think it is Openserve due to being close to the exchange and afrihost has no preorder for my area.

Office: Covered by Frogfoot according to Afrihost. Pre-order submitted.

When I next see someone working on fibre will stop and ask.

Reactions: Yuu