Fibre in Ramsgate

Rayne

That's what doesn't make sense. Why is Uvongo closer to done when Sea Park and Tweni are where they started this rollout and we've had trenches dug and lines installed 6 months ago?

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Rayne

Got an apology letter from FF in my email this morning (my Afrihost email so I guess my order is on their system, had no contact for home install yet).

According to the letter their live date for Tweni is 10/30.

Oh joy.

ronnie_94

Got an apology letter from FF in my email this morning (my Afrihost email so I guess my order is on their system, had no contact for home install yet).

According to the letter their live date for Tweni is 10/30.

Oh joy.
:( that sucks, I see between my neighbour and our wall there are two blue cables sticking out of the ground.

thedreams

Your home -tweni- is ready to get connected!

FROGFOOT have let me know that your order is at hand with their installation department, who will contact you within the next week or two to schedule your fibre installation. Please let us know if they have no contacted you within 2 weeks and we will contact them to find out more information. A reminder that you will be billed from the day your installation is complete. If for any reason you are not ready for billing to commence, then you need to delay your installation day until you are ready.

We look forward to getting you connected

Rayne

Through which ISP is that?

@AfriNatic How long should I be waiting for FF to contact me for home install? This is week 3 now and I've not heard anything yet.

Last edited:

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks.

@AfriNatic If I don't hear anything by month-end I'll be sending the modem back and ordering elsewhere. I feel like I got the shorter end of the stick here. Others in my area are being sorted atm and here I am left in the dark.

Hey,

We have place the order on 2021-07-29 11:57

FrogFoot validated and moved the order for scheduling on 16:25 17/08/2021

The current link status is on Home Drop.

I'm sure you will get a call to do the pre install soon.

FaSMaN

Expert Member
Is there any ETA or planned fiber for Wedge Road Margate/Ramsgate , just checked RSAWeb and it looks like the street opposite the bridge has Fiber available already?

ronnie_94

Is there any ETA or planned fiber for Wedge Road Margate/Ramsgate , just checked RSAWeb and it looks like the street opposite the bridge has Fiber available already?
Frogfoot has only covered the other side of the main road unfortunately.

Rayne

Hey,

We have place the order on 2021-07-29 11:57

FrogFoot validated and moved the order for scheduling on 16:25 17/08/2021

The current link status is on Home Drop.

I'm sure you will get a call to do the pre install soon.
Oh ok, that's fine then thank you.

Rayne

I will ask them what they know tomorrow. As for now I'm just assuming the dates listed on their coverage map as they check out with the apology letter I got from FF a week ago.

Rayne

They are here about to start digging so great plus however FF are a bunch of ****ing idiots I literally work from home converted double garage connected to house in front 10m from road. I have 2x entrances to my property because I'm on a corner. The front is business and the back is private. One would think they would leave the breakout cable in the front like any rational person would but nooooo they put my breakout line right in the back corner of my property where nobody and nothing is, and I have a double erf, its big.

Now they'll have to hookup the cable to the main bedroom where guess, I have no cables so would have to rewire office, house and flat all over again.

Told the contractor to just bill what he has to. Just want this done.

I also walked along the road and they did the same thing to a couple of houses here in Michwood road. My neighbor is going to have an even bigger issue because his home is pretty much a plot.

Just hope FF didn't furnish their call center with street corner specials like they did diggers because so far can't say I'm impressed.

Rayne

X (Left) = entrance to my property
X (Right) = is where they put the breakout cable
O = manholes which contractor says is not breakout points Capture.JPG

Rayne

Its not where I wanted it obviously but its in. I have concrete right around the house so they had to cut away to get the cable inside but they patched it up.

Inside there's nothing visible as they placed the ONT next to the closest plug in the main bedroom which is in the corner and hidden by curtains.

Now I guess I'll just drill next to the aircon and lead the LAN cable outside to a network switch which I guess I'll place... somewhere?

Well, still 2 months to figure it out. That's light's not turning green until end October.

I sincerely hope they do not delay things yet again.