Fibre in Verulam (Durban) 4340, 4339

Milion

I saw they were digging at the Ottawa-Riet River robots this morning.
Isp maps still don't show Verulam as "under construction" at the moment, so cant pre order yet.

bear101

If link layer is supposedly going live in October, shouldn't the coverage maps be updated to "Under construction" and not still be as "I want fibre"
I agree 100%

So far the installations at different areas in Verulam with Link Layer has been done already from what I have been reading here, ( Connections points to boundary walls, Manhole junctions done, splicing, Testing etc), I assuming they are going to update their Maps once they confident all their subsections in Verulam are fully installed.

Its a waiting game I feel, and we already middle of the month and Its most likely it might only be live in November in my opinion, I could be wrong !

bear101

So this is the latest info I got from Link Layer regarding Verulam. So its seems its definitely pushed to end November, maybe early December.

IMG-20211020-WA0001.jpg

dev8383

Ya, still digging on Todd street ( adjacent to Roy’s cafe) , beginning of himalaya two holes on opposite sides of road with horizontal drilling done, and one short part of himalaya.

I do see people splicing/testing away in Everest heights so that’s a good thing.

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
If link layer is supposedly going live in October, shouldn't the coverage maps be updated to "Under construction" and not still be as "I want fibre"
Its a tricky one really. I assume they don't want to set it to under construction when a few roads and buildings are yet to have construction start. Have seen plenty of people get quite angry at the FNO for saying its under construction when there isn't trenching or work done yet.

Did a little digging, they seem to be on track there. We aren't the cheapest ISP, but we did have a free installation special with Link Layer. Waiting for confirmation to see if we can possibly extend that.

bear101

Its a tricky one really. I assume they don't want to set it to under construction when a few roads and buildings are yet to have construction start. Have seen plenty of people get quite angry at the FNO for saying its under construction when there isn't trenching or work done yet.

Did a little digging, they seem to be on track there. We aren't the cheapest ISP, but we did have a free installation special with Link Layer. Waiting for confirmation to see if we can possibly extend that.
So will @Ghostfibre be canvasing in Verulam? and what is the current prices and packages with Link Layer you are thinking of extending with the Free installation.

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
So will @Ghostfibre be canvasing in Verulam? and what is the current prices and packages with Link Layer you are thinking of extending with the Free installation.
We don't canvas areas as we are quite online-based with customer service, order process and signups. We believe customers will choose us for our support, network quality and low latency focus. Plus we think knocking on doors and bothering people is a bit invasive and annoying.

Our pricing on Link Layer is:

25/25 Mbps for R699
50/50 Mbps for R849
100/100 Mbps for R999
200/200 Mbps for R1199
300/300 Mbps for R1499

dev8383

100/100 is looking good as compared to other providers(browsed Afrihost site), I’d sign up for that and please @Ghostfibre sort us out with a free installation etc when we go live , my Afrihost fixed lte 150GB is adding up and my MTN 100GB business sim is crawling in single digits with speed :-(

bear101

@Ghostfibre I think these are competitive prices, and at least we have options, is there a FUP on your packages. Also which routers do you supply do we have options.

@dev8383 My MTN is also crawling. I think certain areas the tower congestion is better than some.

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
Thanks @dev8383 , I see all info I needed. Good stuff @Ghostfibre
Good few choices on their website

Just punch in your address and select linklayer and it show you the routers
Thank you!

Hopefully we can confirm the free-installation extension shortly, we are happy to assist where possible. We have a ton of options on our site to make sure you are covered, if you need advise on routers, just shout.

bear101

Thank you!

Hopefully we can confirm the free-installation extension shortly, we are happy to assist where possible. We have a ton of options on our site to make sure you are covered, if you need advise on routers, just shout.
So will @Ghostfibre inform us when the fibre is live and we can be ready to order. Im assuming you will know before the public when Link Layer is ready in Verulam.

Ghostfibre

Company Rep
So will @Ghostfibre inform us when the fibre is live and we can be ready to order. Im assuming you will know before the public when Link Layer is ready in Verulam.
Basically correct, we will discuss with the Link Layer team and see what the go-live dates are, plus which areas will be live and all of the fun stuff. Once we have we will let everybody know.

ProfSantosh

Frogfoot's definition of live is a bit twisted. They seem to be the slowest provider as they started deploying fibre in Feb 2021 supposed to go live in June then July and then September.

My line was installed and ready 3 weeks before they supposedly went live on the 30th of September however to this day I'm am not live.

I've contacted frog foot and they told me that multiple customers are facing issues and that the issue will only be resolved between the 25th and 27th at which time the maintenance team is in the area.

@Frogfoot Fibre @AfriGuy @AfriNatic

Getting Fibre in Verulam is a nightmare if you lucky all will work fine but the likelihood is that you won’t be as the Fibre operator operating in Verulam are kak.

No one from frogfoot or Afrihost can tell me what’s wrong or give me an ETA. I was given a date of the 25th of September as to when it would be sorted of which to me is ridiculous but I waited from the 30th September till the 25th of October of which that day has come and gone and the Fibre is still dead.

Idk if it’s frogfoot or Afrihost at fault but if you live in Verulam count yourself lucky if your Fibre works without issues.

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

dev8383

Getting Fibre in Verulam is a nightmare if you lucky all will work fine but the likelihood is that you won’t be as the Fibre operator operating in Verulam are kak.

No one from frogfoot or Afrihost can tell me what’s wrong or give me an ETA. I was given a date of the 25th of September as to when it would be sorted of which to me is ridiculous but I waited from the 30th September till the 25th of October of which that day has come and gone and the Fibre is still dead.

Idk if it’s frogfoot or Afrihost at fault but if you live in Verulam count yourself lucky if your Fibre works without issues.

That’s a sad state of affairs, if Afrihost is your ISP then they are responsible for serving your query and resolving.

Let us know when you come right and please post some Speedtest stats when your lines active , good luck !